1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The good news

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Sep 11, 2009.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

The new coach is not going to find a bare cupboard. Yes we have no proven talent at QB. Hansen may develop, Evans is supposed to be talented but we haven't seen him yet.

RBs New coach comes in and says "DS you are the man, prove us right." He can be a dominating back given the carries. Speedy is the perfect change of pace. Both are Sophs.

WRs None are seniors, McNight and Simmons come back, this years class has the best potential of any WR class we have had in years.

TE Problem area. Deehan is only quality guy coming back, need to recruit here.

O-Line Very young and very talented. At least three are truly NFL talents. All starters, virtually all back-ups coming back.

D-Line Looks terrible now but Pericek, Goree, Cunningham, Bonsu all need to grow into their bodies. Ends are almost all returning as well and have potential. Kasa could be a star.

LBs Rippy, Major, quality young talent, not much behind them

DB Again young and talented, our safeties are all young, Wright was moved to WR because we have a bunch of corners

Even at Kicker we have some young talent.

Conclusion. A) What is happening on the field is not due to a lack of talent, a little can be blamed on lack of experience but the huge part is due to Coaching
    B) Whoever replaces Hawk is not going to lack young talent. This team has a bunch of guys who would have been welcome at any number of top 10 programs, we may not have enough, some positions are thin but talent is not the issue.
    C) If there is a year for a coaching change this is it as the number of available schollies is lower and the new coach can focus his recruiting on fewer higher quality players instead of trying to fill a big class in a short time.

Hopefully we can get a coach who is willing to recognize talent and take responsibility for using and motivating it instead of this crap we are seeing with talent like Scott and Simmons watching clearly inferior talent playing.

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I agree, it wouldn't be as big of a mess to clean as when Barney got fired. I could see a good coach fixing this pretty fast.

3. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

Agreed....there is talent on this team.

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Make it quick.....not the end of the year.

5. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

I'm starting to buy into this line of thought. Last week I wasn't there quite yet.

I am completely happy with Cabral as HC this year.

6. Jdubb1028

Jdubb1028 New Member

I'd be happy with the end of the weekend. The end of the day could be pushing it since they're on east coast time :)

7. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I can't believe against Toledo the TV announcers are talking about how slow we are....

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Polk is one of the fastest players on the team and was nationaly rated in track in HS, it is easy to look slow when coaches put you out of position.

When you only rush two or three guys recievers are going to be wide open, DBs will look slow. When you can't get first downs defensive players are going to run out of gas, look slow.

This team now looks like it just doesn't care. That is much worse than slow.

9. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I just found another 12 pack in the back of the fridge.......

10. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

You know what?

Right now there is no good news...

11. calibuff81

calibuff81 New Member

I second that

12. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Barney was in the Big 12 Championship game and a bowl game. I'd take him back right now.

13. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Third it