What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

the hype train has been derailed

Meh...I've LOVED the Prime hire since day 1 (well before) and am extremely happy to be 3-0 (expected to be 2-1 through OOC) but Saturday was not acceptable; outcome was good, was great that the team showed the ability to overcome a dog **** effort and win, but I'm sorry that's a team CU has to come in and beat the ever living **** out of..

W is a W at the end of the day though.
This message here is why eye witness testimony is extremely unreliable.

Soooo - team is performing above your expectations, undefeated through 3, beat a team ranked #17 or higher for the first time in 14 years...and they didn't win in a satisfying enough way for you?

Dear God in heaven - how miserable is your day to day? THEY WON.

Can we worry about style points some other time?

1 year ago today we were 0-3, outscored 128-20, en route to our worst season in a decade. ENJOY THE RIDE.
Yeah I'm not very excited over how the team played against a bad G5 team at home. What's going to happen when UO & USC drag the defense to death? What about having zero running game & have not demonstrated any ability to have any kind of efficient running game?

I'm not telling others how to feel but I didn't come away from that game feeling good about how they played - dunno why that's controversial. Lucky as hell to get a W there.
Nevermind, dude. You’ve lost the plot on the lines of this conversation. It’s not worthwhile to try and reel you back.

Your gif is what I was asking myself for 75% of the game & nearly the entire time on D every time CSU ran a drag route that was wide open
Who Is A Pretty Little Liars GIF

I'm not telling others how to feel but I didn't come away from that game feeling good about how they played - dunno why that's controversial. Lucky as hell to get a W there.
You know who else didn't feel good about how they played? Coach Prime. It seems odd to rail against something that is being acknowledged by the guy in charge of fixing it.

This is a team that is growing into the expectations of their head coach. Chalk it up as a learning experience. This sloppy win will pay dividends next year when we have National Championship aspirations.

Yeah I'm not very excited over how the team played against a bad G5 team at home. What's going to happen when UO & USC drag the defense to death? What about having zero running game & have not demonstrated any ability to have any kind of efficient running game?
I don't think anyone is saying CU looked good - but they won.

I think we played better against TCU and Nebraska - who are 2 better teams.

I think CSU played the best game they've played in 5 or 6 years. I think we played our worst game of the year...and still won. But it's a rivalry game. That's what happens.

TBH I'm happy the players and coaches got scared at home, maybe they'll focus more this week for Oregon.

Regardless, I don't think a rivalry game played for the first time in 4 years, has any bearing on how they'll play against Oregon this week.

I don't think anyone is saying CU looked good - but they won.

I think we played better against TCU and Nebraska - who are 2 better teams.

I think CSU played the best game they've played in 5 or 6 years. I think we played our worst game of the year...and still won. But it's a rivalry game. That's what happens.

TBH I'm happy the players and coaches got scared at home, maybe they'll focus more this week for Oregon.

Regardless, I don't think a rivalry game played for the first time in 4 years, has any bearing on how they'll play against Oregon this week.
A lot of distractions last week! Let’s hope they get more focused

I don’t see this team getting smoked by anybody. Lose, maybe. But there’s a lot of firepower on this offense and it’s hard to completely shut it down. The offense will keep us in a lot of games that would have been blowouts in the past.

I don’t see this team getting smoked by anybody. Lose, maybe. But there’s a lot of firepower on this offense and it’s hard to completely shut it down. The offense will keep us in a lot of games that would have been blowouts in the past.
Vegas has us as 21-point dogs this week. Let's see if we can sneak up on Oregon like CSU did on us.

Nevermind, dude. You’ve lost the plot on the lines of this conversation. It’s not worthwhile to try and reel you back.
And that's coming from Manhattan, who actually builds models/reports like this at the individual player level.

Just looked this up because I was curious. Last year Buffs were 31 pt. dogs.

There's no way this team is only 10 pts. better
Have to believe there is a sympathy factor built into last years line, but not this year.

Vegas has us as 21-point dogs this week. Let's see if we can sneak up on Oregon like CSU did on us.
Honestly, Vegas doesn't have the slightest clue how to handle CU right now, as a dog or a favorite. They were ~23.5 points off in week one, ~19 in week two (even after an 11 point swing toward CU after week one), and ~16 points off in week three.

Honestly, Vegas doesn't have the slightest clue how to handle CU right now, as a dog or a favorite. They were ~23.5 points off in week one, ~19 in week two (even after an 11 point swing toward CU after week one), and ~16 points off in week three.
Books knew how to handle Colorado last week. They more than recouped their Week 1 and Week 2 losses last week. The handle closed at a horrid number range for the bettor (23-24), which likely would’ve let them make a vig profit even if Colorado covered better numbers at 21 or less.

That csu kept it close and did not win meant the best scenario for the bookies (they had serious liability from sharps on csu ML tix).

Listening to some sports talk this morning, and hosts for Pac-12 Today on SiriusXM called the Buffs a "flag football" team - all skill players no lines. They think the expectation is that CU will be fighting to the end for bowl eligibility. Fine, what ever.

In the second segment the co-host (Evan Moore, I'm pretty sure) said the hit on Hunter wasn't dirty, and #11 just put his shoulder into him. Said he probably thought he was trying to dislodge the ball and got there late. Safteies don't look for the ball, just the player. "It's fine, let's move on." The other co-host said if it happened to Weaver, no one would care.

I get the sense there are several Pac12 employees that blame CU for the conference crumbling and costing them their jobs.

Listening to some sports talk this morning, and hosts for Pac-12 Today on SiriusXM called the Buffs a "flag football" team - all skill players no lines. They think the expectation is that CU will be fighting to the end for bowl eligibility. Fine, what ever.

In the second segment the co-host (Evan Moore, I'm pretty sure) said the hit on Hunter wasn't dirty, and #11 just put his shoulder into him. Said he probably thought he was trying to dislodge the ball and got there late. Safteies don't look for the ball, just the player. "It's fine, let's move on." The other co-host said if it happened to Weaver, no one would care.

I get the sense there are several Pac12 employees that blame CU for the conference crumbling and costing them their jobs.
Dude was trying to dislodge the ball that landed in front of him?

Back