Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Aug 12, 2016.
Go Buffs. That is all.
Can't wait to see Rogue One. Buuuuuuuut, nothing compares to CU Video getting us all hyped out of our gourds.
We better beat CSU by 3 TD's. It has been a long time since I have been this amped before a season started.
Not a fair comp. Rogue One is based on historical fact while The Rise is based on having belief in a cause that you can't yet see but will do anything for because of your faith in it.
Both awesome, but easy choice.
I voted for the only one that has Ralphie drooling in it. Also, is Star Wars going to be like Marvel now and release a new movie every other weekend? They're getting a little watered down.
Maybe I'll get blasted for this, but I thought the last Star Wars movie, The Force Awakens, was pretty darn bad.
How would you rank the other Star Wars movies? Did you love all or some of the others? Relative to Eps 1-6, where would you put 7?
Personally, I have #5 (Empire) alone at the top as the best by far.
Then I'd probably go #4 (Hope), #7 (Awakens), #3 (Revenge), #2 (Clones).
#6 (Return) is in 6th place only because it was Lucas going off the rails trying to sell Ewok toys. Other than that, it could move up a spot or three.
#1 (Phantom) is last. Doesn't add anything to the story. Introduces one great character (Maul), but kills him off and makes him irrelevant to the story. Jar Jar made me miss Ewoks.
And within all that, I'd still say that I really enjoyed Episode 1 and it was totally worth the price of admission. Good time, just not up to the rest. While Empire may have been the best sci-fi action movie ever made.
Cmon not a choice here. Chewy can't even compare to Ralphie
There is much conflict between my inner wookie and buffalo.
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi (I liked the Ewoks. Of course I was 5 when Jedi came out.)
A distant 4th. The Force Awakens
The other 3 are steaming hot garbage. The only watchable scene from the whole 8 hours is Anakin becoming Vader:
The Rise lacks anything like an evil empire (asu doesn't even come close), but gets my hopes very high.
I think we are looking at one Star Wars film a year for the foreseeable future . Rogue One this year , Episode 8 next , a Han Solo "origin" type film (possible a Boba Fett too ), and then episode 9 . Also, there are whispers of a Star Wars television series in the works too.
My ranking would be :
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return Of The Jedi ( the green saber is so badass)
Revenge Of The Sith
Phantom Menace ( anyone believe the myth that JarJar was supposedly going to be a Sith Lord?)
The Padme and Anakin relationship is my least favorite part from the prequels . I'd listen to Jar Jar Binks give a State of the Union address before watching Episode 2.
Can't agree more with you. The Attack of the Clones etc are all piles of hot garbage.
Both gave me boners...
As far as rankings, I know I'm slightly off of everyone but...
1) A New Hope - This started the Universe. Nothing else exist without this gem.
2) Empire - Better story, starts painting the picture of the galaxy and really sets up the viewer for the next 30 years of addiction
3) ROTS - Aside from the way overused CGI and overall horrible acting, the score is arguably the best of the franchise...just amazing. Final battle was beautiful, despite the ridiculous CGI used.
4) ROTJ - I was 3 when it came out...loved the ewoks. As I got older, I found the path to the darkside and now all ewoks must die...still better than JarJar though. Also, Saarlac pit and entire barge scene is just great.
5) Phantom Menace - The beginning of jumping the shark for Lucas imo. The last SW taste we had was ewoks taking down the galactic empire with a bunch of teenagers...So next why not give us JarJar and the gungans?...Story could have been fantastic and an opportunity wasted. Maul could have been so much more too.
6) Clones - I actually stood up in the theater and said "F You George Lucas" during this movie. 3 hrs of trade negotiations...what a swell idea for a movie.
As far as the new movies, I'm torn on how I feel about Force Awakens. I wanted to love it, I really did...but Betty Sue Rey and Emo Sith killed it for me. It was very un Star Wars like in the way it was presented, which I expected from Abrams, while still pretty much copying ANH as a story.
1) New Hope (used to be Empire for 20+ years), but it flipped a couple of years ago. Universe/character introduction into textbook dramatic structure closed out with an excellent climax. And, knowing that you put in Empire to watch next (HOTH) makes this movie better. Knowing that Jedi is next after Empire always leaves me doubly unsatiated.
3) Force Awakens
4) Return of the Jedi
why even bothan...
5) revenge of the pith
6) the phantom hummus
7) attic of the clones
Ewan McGregor was the best part of the prequels. Sam Jackson wasn't bad, either. I agree that the musical score on ROTS was good, but after that - they just sucked. I've noticed that Natalie Portman is actually a good actress - couldn't tell that from those three flicks.
I watched a fan edit one time that literally boiled down the 3 films into about 90 minutes, and it worked fine in terms of the story. The rest was **** trying to set up video games and/or cute action figures.
So assuming those three are the worst, I go with Empire, A New Hope (back in the day we just called it Star Wars), Jedi, and the Force Awakens. Force Awakens is a decent enough film, and I applaud the move away from CGI, but it really did parallel the original Star Wars way too much. I mean, who didn't expect Han Solo to die right there?
Nonsense keep them coming.
I generally like your ranking, but I would change it a bit.
Empire is by far the best. I also love Hope. But I also really liked Revenge. Return I may have higher out of nostalgia. Honestly, I thought Awakens was entertaining, but not much else. I view Star Wars movies as a little hokey and that is part of their charm (like older James Bond movies or older Star Trek movies). I am not as psyched to see a nonstop action, no story version like Awakens. Kind of like the newer Star Trek movies for me. I find them entertaining, but don't really care to see them more than once. I can watch Empire, Hope, Revenge, Return and Clones pretty much anytime they are on.
Here drink this. Fix yourself
Star Wars is mediocre in general, nerds.
You better not start talking about Battlestar Galactica.
I think he ment Star Trek. Stupidest thing ever made. Pointy ears. C'mon!
Separate names with a comma.