1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that worry the most about this team.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BlackNGold, Sep 7, 2015.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

CU did not look like they had superior talent to Hawaii. That is concerning since most experts did not think much of the Rainbow Warriors this season and I expect Hawaii to be towards the bottom of the MWC. So you could deduce that CU probably does not have the improved talent that everyone was hyping in the off season. Hopefully we are more talented we just did not show it (which is a different problem).

People warned about this before the season but now it is confirmed - we are lacking at the Linebacker position. The LBs were pretty much invisible. Gillam was not a factor.

We still do not know how to run a two minute drill. I have complained about this before. Fans complain about the officials but CU got the ball with ~1:57 left on the clock and proceeded to let 20+ seconds run off the clock between when the ball was ready and it was snapped. No competent team does that when running a 2 minute drill. They get up to the ball and when it is ready they go.

Less than 4 yards per attempt is ridiculous. Can't we throw more than 2 yards downfield..

I won't touch special teams - that is another joke.

Finally. the Oline on passing downs - really bad and Hawaii's Dline was suppose to be suspect.

CU needs a strong start to get fans to come to the games. I am afraid we will start averaging less than 35K a game.

2. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Disagree. CU looked like it had more talent than Hawaii. Not necessarily blow them out of the water more talent.

3. BlackNGold

Where did you see more talent. Their dline and linebackers looked better than ours, their Oline, their QB, I think our RBs were better. What units do you think showed more talent.

4. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I wasn't too worried about the defense, they let up 28 points but forced two interceptions and one was off the punt block. I wont criticize Gilliam and KO because it seems like they did their job, unlike last year when they looked bad.

Two minute drill definitely pissed me off. Something seemed wrong there I don't get why Lindsay or anyone for that matter would be walking inside of two minutes. Definitely need more awareness and especially from Sefo. If they are going to get caught in bounds you don't need to complete it unless it is for a big gain. The pass to Lindsay that lost two yards and kept the clock going was hard to watch.

The play calling on pass plays and the move away from the run game was perplexing. Nothing deep, lots of stop routes, no screens. A lot of it didn't make sense. The o line seemed out of whack all night.

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Their defensive coordinator out coached our offensive coordinator.

Big Jim likes this.
  6. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I don't understand why at the end of the game with like 20 seconds left and in the red zone we don't throw to the end zone 4 times. Any catch outside the end zone likely ends the game. (n)

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

We are lacking "football IQ." Thats why we throw and complete passes short of a first down with the clock running out and no time outs left.

BUFFS14 and BlackNGold like this.
  8. BlackNGold

Bingo!!

9. StormTrooper

StormTrooper Millennial Liason Club Member

That was so maddening. Throwing a route that short with that little time on the clock was inexcusable, regardless of what happened afterwards with getting the ball ready for play.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  10. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

That happens every game. The games we win we have better talent on both sides. Any team with close or better talent levels always out coach us.