What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

THIS INJUSTICE WILL NOT STAND

15 years as chancellor...the record speaks for itself and it's a sham that he is being inducted in an athletics hall of fame which really lowers the bar for future entrants.
Seems like politics to me. Like something you make happen if a guy is going to retire and you need him to approve something that might be outside his normal comfort zone before he goes.

CU Athletic Hall of Fame is inducting Phil ****ING DiStefano into the legacy wing?

For ****ing what, exactly?!

Presiding over the worst stretch of CU football in history?

Neutering the athletic department by overriding them on important decisions?

Forcing the AD to cut sports?

Using football players as a disgusting political prop (see: “Plantation comments”)

His numerous other failings?

**** allllllllll of that. Phil can eat my ass, as can whoever is enshrining him.
Agree with the overall sentiment of your post. I’m left wondering about your invitation to have PDS give you the pleasure of an ass eating.

Last year at the ASU pregame when they were introducing that class of inductees he was greeted with at best a tepid response when he came up to speak. I laughed.

Seems like politics to me. Like something you make happen if a guy is going to retire and you need him to approve something that might be outside his normal comfort zone before he goes.
I'd be pretty surprised if he has any approval say at this point with Saliman making decisions for him. More likely imo is that his butt buddy Rick George wants to get him a retirement gift.

I'd be pretty surprised if he has any approval say at this point with Saliman making decisions for him. More likely imo is that his butt buddy Rick George wants to get him a retirement gift.
He represents CU and casts our vote with the Pac-12. Also, anyone who has been at CU this long and held a Chancellor position as long as he has is someone who has political allies etc which could politically bite you in the ass if you were to disrespect him and run roughshod over him. Not keeping him involved, on your side and feeling like it's a legacy move that elevates him would be about the dumbest political move Saliman could make.

He represents CU and casts our vote with the Pac-12. Also, anyone who has been at CU this long and held a Chancellor position as long as he has is someone who has political allies etc which could politically bite you in the ass if you were to disrespect him and run roughshod over him. Not keeping him involved, on your side and feeling like it's a legacy move that elevates him would be about the dumbest political move Saliman could make.
really solid take here

Emma Coburn a 3 time Olympian deserves to be in a class above someone that almost burned the football program to the ground. Not to mention his failures outside of athletics
Almost burned the football program to the ground? Agree on the first part.

Last edited:
This right here. From the people I know who work at CU Phil's "people" are in every department. The unfortunate reality is that many of the people high up at CU got there because they were so adept at eating Phil's a$$. It will take a long time to clear out the institutional rot that has been allowed to fester under his stewardship. Hopefully, whoever CU chooses to replace Phil won't be a Phil lackey and is someone who recognizes the changes that needs to be made. I fear that if they promote from within, we'll get a Phil buddy.

Back