What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is frickin embarrassing..

The question is: How many starters / potention starters? Did we lose the entire first and second strings? If so, we've got some issues with either the folks handling our academics or the training staff.
This train wreck goes well beyond the frickin o-line injuries.....

F*CK DAN HAWKINS!!! 242 game streak OVER!!

You mean the inside screen with 15 seconds left wasn't a good idea??

I wonder if he even knew about the streak. He sure didn't coach the last couple minutes like he had any idea. And if he did he sure didn't seem to care about it. For a guy who talks a lot about Colorado's proud tradition, he stomped on it tonight. What a clown!

I wonder if he even knew about the streak. He sure didn't coach the last couple minutes like he had any idea. And if he did he sure didn't seem to care about it. For a guy who talks a lot about Colorado's proud tradition, he stomped on it tonight. What a clown!

What? Stomping on tradition because he didn't kick a FG to save some dumbass streak? :wow:

Do you really think he was worried about a scoring streak?:huh:

Should have been worried about explaining this kind of performance to recruits. Getting shut out just compounds the problem. Makes the system look even more flawed to any player looking to play in an offense with some hope of success. Think Darrell Scott is rethinking his decision?

You're right. I would have been much prouder of a 58-3 loss, but I'm ****ing pissed now!

What? Stomping on tradition because he didn't kick a FG to save some dumbass streak? :wow:

I'll second that sarcasm. Hawk's not gonna kick a field goal just to preserve a streak (a la Barney in the '05 B12 championship game), if you need evidence of that just look at last year's FSU game. I like that about him.

Yeah, if we kick thw fg and keep the streak alive,our tradition wouldn't be ruined:smile2:

Just asking,does dan ever do anything wrong in your eyes?

Btw, we can argue all night but it's a waste of time, I'll just say we should be better than this and do you think the progress that has been made is now gone?

Yeah, if we kick thw fg and keep the streak alive,our tradition wouldn't be ruined:smile2:

Btw, we can argue all night but it's a waste of time, I'll just say we should be better than this and do you think the progress that has been made is now gone?
Yes.

Hawk has some major work to do. This team is regressing and makes really stupid mistakes each week.

That said, complaining about him not caring about some score streak is stupid.

The anger directed at the coaching staff regarding the end of the scoring streak is more about the utter, epic failure than the streak itself. It's a symbol...

Our special teams blow.
....and our offense, and our play-calling, and our game adjustments, and our pass rush, and our lack of emotion and intensity, and our o-line play, and our current-year recruiting, and......

That's like your opinion man. This aggression against me will not stand man.

Ok so the stomping thing was a bit harsh of me I admit that. But that said, I would have liked the streak to continue. At least throw the ball into the end zone, the inside screen had zero shot of success.

....and our offense, and our play-calling, and our game adjustments, and our pass rush, and our lack of emotion and intensity, and our o-line play, and our current-year recruiting, and......

For someone who was telling everyone to "shut the hell up" a couple weeks ago, you're sure singing a different tune this week.:rolleyes:

The single most disappointing part of the team. They consistently put both the offense and defense in nearly impossible situations with field position. Just terrible.

Well, it doesn't help when you have your kicker pooch one on the opening kickoff.

I agree and as far as the scoring streak,who cares.

For someone who was telling everyone to "shut the hell up" a couple weeks ago, you're sure singing a different tune this week.:rolleyes:
You are right...I guess the lack of emotion and intensity from the players and coaches, combined with getting blown out on national TV, has gotten to me.

We should have at least hung with these guys for a quarter, for God's sake. I am a huge Buff supporter, so games like this rip into me....

You are right...I guess the lack of emotion and intensity from the players and coaches, combined with getting blown out on national TV, has gotten to me.

We should have at least hung with these guys for a quarter, for God's sake. I am a huge Buff supporter, so games like this rip into me....

It gets into everyone, we didn't expect to win but to at least show some progress,pride or a point.

Let's see how hawk handles the questions and being "in the fire" after this debacle.

It gets into everyone, we didn't expect to win but to at least show some progress,pride or a point.

Let's see how hawk handles the questions and being "in the fire" after this debacle.
You are right...and the key for Hawk is trying to figure out a way to win 2 more games this year, and somehow score a decent recruiting class.....I am hopeful.

I am looking forward to DS, RS, and TH pounding the ball next year behind a healthy o-line and running all over people.

This year is what it is. CU needs to make a bowl game and then work their asses off to get better. I have largely been negative on these boards regarding the coaching staff and some of the players performances and I have now realized that the team just isn't where it needs to be and isn't going to significantly improve this year.

Hansen needs to play full time, DS needs to touch the balll 20 times a game, RS needs to keep doing what he's doing, and CU will be a lot better next year.

This team could be a very, very dangerous running team in the future. The coaches need to implement a system that allows this team to play to it's strengths: the running game! Running a pass-oriented offense when your QB position is basically a huge question mark is really dumb, particularly when you have 2 highly talented young running backs.

CU will be successful when we pound the ball and play good defense. Unless we get some big time playmakers at WR (one isn't enough), the passing game is going to continue to struggle.

Fit the scheme to the personnel you have available. Don't just continue trying what isn't working. CU does not have the players to have a passing offense which features the QB. What we do have, IMO, is two stud RBs who are more than capable of winning games for us down the road when the O-line is (hopefully) vastly improved.

Last edited:
You're damn right this is/was embarrassing. I really, really hope this game and season won't hurt our recruiting class too bad.

dad im gonna tell mom if you dont put me in we have good field pos.ok son go play..ok dad im back uh what down is it son why we sendin the punter in? uh 3 plays and out dad oh ok....tell who ever is calln plays dont give it to ds..wheres speedy at son.send speedy out there.....1 min and were in the red i turned it what happened......

You know it's embarrassing when both me and the future wifey are yelling to kick a damn field goal with 16 seconds in the game just so we don't get shut out.....major weak sauce

Back