What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This is really lame

lvbuff

Just a few years ago I had a lot of fun going to the Baylor football fan site and saying things like your team will get better someday...looking forward to the game this season...Well now I know how those folks were feeling and I understand the totally defeatist remarks that they would make to my posts. It sux balls to be the doormat team that all the other teams look forward to thrashing every season. What sux worse is knowing that CU will continue to be a joke of a football team for at least one more season and that we as fans will have to endure the hopes that yet another regime change will result in the expectation that we will have to give a new coaching staff another 3 years at least to turn this stinking program around. Good Grief Charlie Brown!
:wtf:

The best part about this entire scenario is that by the time Hawkins is finally gone from the program, so will virtually all of the best talent he recruited and squandered. We will be starting from scratch.

This is why not getting rid of him last year was so stupid. They could have brought in a new guy this year to capitalize on the fact that we have at least average talent this year and next and get some momentum and good recruiting in so we didn't have to totally rebuild. Instead, we will bring in a new guy (eventually... hopefully... for the love of god...) who will have to immediately deal with the aftermath of several consecutive down recruiting classes. Even if Hawkins is gone after this year, his replacement can't be expected to make much of the '11 class and will have, at minimum, 09, 10, and 11 as very, uhh, shall we say, "pedestrian" classes.

End result? We start over. Again.

I think it is worse for Buff fans than it has ever been for Baylor fans. Like the Darryl Hannah character in the movie Wall Street where she said that "It is worse having money and losing it all than not ever having it." The Buffs were giants and a real power and now they're way below average. It hurts to see a great program become a weak one. Baylor was never a great program so they don't know any better.

The best news is that other programs who were major powers and fell from grace have shown the ability to return to prominence (Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, Nebraska) and the primary way to get back to winning is by hiring a great coach. We are by no means alone - ask Michigan and Notre Dame "How's things?"

i'm not ready to concede Nebraska has returned to prominence. they need to show they can move the ball to win games, too. don't forget, though they will swear otherwise, they bought the Callahan snakeoil and were on this board and others talking about "breakout years" then, too.

i think they are back in the 8-9 win game zone. back, is like USC, Bama, and OU with a NC and consistent BCS bowl presence. conference championships, etc.

Talk to me about Nebraska when they beat a team that is ranked in the top 20.

Until then, they're a pretty good football team (like a Northwestern). But certainly not "back". Nebraska being back is a perennial top 10 program. They're a long way from that, imo.

Nebraska looked pretty good beating Arizona in their bowl game. Wasn't the score something like 30-0? But good point about other programs that were down and now are back. SC was down for like 20 years! They went through 4 coaches until Pete Carroll came along.

Back