What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This weeks games 12/5

BTW, too, regardless of what anyone thinks of Klatt, you have to admit he's going to have a very good media career.

Isn't MSU #4 and OU #3 ?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow ... and not before then.

EDIT: And .. are you guys aware that the playoff games are on NEW YEARS EVE?!?

Gawd ESPN .. we get it. Stop running that mother ****ing commercial, goddammit!!!

Just took a look at Rivals recruiting ranks. Iowa's best class in the last 4 they've signed was #43. The other 3 were in the 50s. It helps a lot that they play in the B1G west where that puts them very close to on par with the best classes in their division, but they still built one heck of a good team out of middling P5 recruiting ranks.

Isn't MSU #4 and OU #3 ?

I would think a likely option is to just give MSU the Iowa slot as they just beat them head to head but then there's them finishing with 12 wins over OU's 11. Comparing each team's loss, MSU only lost by 1 while OU got boat raced. I think for that reason and winning their championship game gets them to #3.

Just took a look at Rivals recruiting ranks. Iowa's best class in the last 4 they've signed was #43. The other 3 were in the 50s. It helps a lot that they play in the B1G west where that puts them very close to on par with the best classes in their division, but they still built one heck of a good team out of middling P5 recruiting ranks.

That is one hell of a well coached team. Amazing discipline.

All about developing linemen on both sides of the ball.

So ... the only remaining question (other than seeding) regarding the final four teams is:

Does Dabo Swinney pull his punter's schollie before or after the playoff games? :p

I would think a likely option is to just give MSU the Iowa slot as they just beat them head to head but then there's them finishing with 12 wins over OU's 11. Comparing each team's loss, MSU only lost by 1 while OU got boat raced. I think for that reason and winning their championship game gets them to #3.

So, what is the official definition of "boad raced?" and what is the relationship between "boat raced" and "moral victory?"

Is being boat raced a matter of point differential or style of loss? Did Texas boat race Baylor yesterday? Perhaps not, because it was a 6 point game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't CU receive moral victory points for 7 point losses?

Perhaps the headline should have read, "Texas boat races Sooners, 24-17; both victorious"

I don't really care about seeding for the championship; don't think it matters much. The winner will have to play and beat two damn good teams, regardless how the bracket works out.

I don't really care about seeding for the championship; don't think it matters much. The winner will have to play and beat two damn good teams, regardless how the bracket works out.
I will go out on a limb and predict Clemson will lose in Round 1.

So it can be done. Not by the CU staff, but it can be done.

Bama looks like world beaters to me. OU looks good too. I thought MSU was overrated at the beginning of the year but they are looking really good now. Clemson...they seem overrated to me...their sig wins over NC, ND and FSU are good but don't wow me. I see them losing in the first round.

I picked Clemson to win the natty back in the preseason, so I guess I'll stick with that. Hopefully someone can find that thread. I can't remember who else I picked. I think I had Stanford. I want to say that I also had Georgia in the playoff.

I picked Clemson to win the natty back in the preseason, so I guess I'll stick with that. Hopefully someone can find that thread. I can't remember who else I picked. I think I had Stanford. I want to say that I also had Georgia in the playoff.

Don´t worry, Auburn was a trendy pick to win the SEC and the national title back then.

Well some would say the Iowa game was boring because of the score. I thought it was the best game I watched all year, enjoyed the hell out of it. I was really impressed with Iowa, disciplined and all that sure. Jesus, those guys bring it and will not quit. Seemed like two guys from Sparty killed them, that young rb and Calhoun on D that they couldn't block. Kudos to them though, they took Iowa's best shot and still won. I also think Iowa didn't go ahead and let them score late because they believed they would stop them, damn near did.

So, what is the official definition of "boad raced?" and what is the relationship between "boat raced" and "moral victory?"

Is being boat raced a matter of point differential or style of loss? Did Texas boat race Baylor yesterday? Perhaps not, because it was a 6 point game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't CU receive moral victory points for 7 point losses?

Perhaps the headline should have read, "Texas boat races Sooners, 24-17; both victorious"

Just a huge outlier among OU's impressive season. Bad start to the game and offense couldn't get it going so there was this feeling that once Texas got that lead, despite having inferior talent, the Sooners just didn't have it in them to come back and beat them that day. Baker Mayfield seemed off. It's the most confusing outcome of any game I saw this year because of how strong the team has looked outside of a bad loss to a mediocre team. They played great second half ball with Mayfield so they're peaking at the right time for the playoff, just as long as having a month off from games doesn't stall their momentum.

I will go out on a limb and predict Clemson will lose in Round 1.
I for one hope you are right. While I don't think that the match-ups matter that much because those ar 4 very good teams... no avoiding a hard game in the first round, I do wish OU would have gotten the Cotton Bowl. Would have been nice to have a "home" crowd.

I'm struggling with identifying Oklahomas "quality" wins. Bailer? TCU? Those dont really look that good to me today.

I'm struggling with identifying Oklahomas "quality" wins. Bailer? TCU? Those dont really look that good to me today.

Tennessee, Oklahoma State

And Baylor was down to its fourth QB yesterday, OU beat them with their good backup frosh.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious adding Tennessee as a quality win or not. I guess it was a road game, so maybe.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious adding Tennessee as a quality win or not. I guess it was a road game, so maybe.

Took Alabama down the wire in Tuscaloosa and lost by a point at The Swamp when Florida had a QB. But then the SEC was pretty crappy in general this season.

But then I think this "quality win, bad loss" argument was far more important in the BCS era.

Back