1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This win is a credit to the Buff Defense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Clean Undies, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Gardner McKay had a nose for the ball. He was on fire tonight. McKay was in the right place and made a bunch of tackles.

This defense is becoming fun to watch because a different player stands out every week. McKay was the guy this week. Mohler stood out last week. Jalil and Cha'pelle Brown, and Walters have had their games too. The D did an outstanding job tackeling, covering routes, forcing turnovers and stopping the opponent on 3rd down.

Keeping K-State and Freeman to only one TD was a solid accomplishment.
    Let's see if the D can keep Mizzou under 20 points next week, because that will be what is needed to win. The D is why CU is 4-3 instead of 1-6.

2. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Where did all those safety blitzes come from?????

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I don't know, but the Dykes blitz totally got Freeman good! I was pumped.

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

If we would have blitzed last week and yanked Cody after that safety, we would have won last week.

The D was great tonight!

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Gardner McKay must have been coached up on special teams as the gunner.. His punt and kickoff coverage was the best we've seen all season.

6. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Interesting to see that pressure on a QB does some good...let's keep it up?

7. SteelCity Buff

SteelCity Buff Member

Yep, the d staff deserves plenty of credit, as do our db's. After the first quarter, our db's did a good job in coverage on those blitzes. I also thought Hypo and Nicholas had some really good push a couple of times, collapsing the pocket.

Collins has gone a long way this year in changing my opinion of him. Outside of two very good DT's, this D doesn't necessarily have anyone who'll be a stud in the NFL, but they have been rock solid. It was also a plus to me considering how badly KSU schooled us the last two years- the staff obviously did their homework over the summer, and came with something new.

While some in this thread seem to be pointing to last week's game against KU as being on the staff, I don't know that I'd agree because they were on the field all frickin' game. KU also lit up OU's D pretty well yesterday.

I'm hoping this is a trend, and that the days of Baylor in O6, Nubs and ISU last year are long gone. If we can find some decent replacements for Hypo, Nicholas and Walters next year, I think they are.