What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Thought from the sideline

Buffsfan09

Thought I'd share for what it's worth. I know I mentioned a couple of times that I have family ties in both the Clemson and Alabama coaching staffs, so I ended up going to the Clemson-KU game and was in the locker room and on the sidelines for the game (the site won't let me upload any pics). Anyways, I know you can't necessarily draw comparisons between coaching staffs but one thing that definitely struck me was how in control the assistant coaches are. All the adjustments at half are made by position coaches, all the in game interfacing between coaches and players is done by assistants or the players themselves. Dabo, Clemson HQ was coaching the coaches. I always blame the HQ for everything that goes on but the truth is, a team is only going to be as good as the assistants. I know, they make the big bucks and ultimately the HQ is culpable, but man, the asst. coaches got what they wanted. Another thing I took from the game is players are really not all the big, and I wasn't necessarily blown away by their strength, but my god are the fast!! I couldn't believe how different the speed is at this level. I was a pretty stout athlete a few years back but they are WAY faster then I could have ever been.

Also had the chance to talk to Bryce McNeal, showed him the CU shirt I was wearing under them Clemson one, and told him how disappointed Buff nation was in him but wished him only the best of luck. He had a smile a mile wide when I was talking to him about it.

nice post.

I have never been in a locker room, but I think the assistant interaction varies depending on the staff. Some head coaches will have more control over the adjustments at half than others, as well as coordinators. That is interesting though that those position coaches were doing a lot of adjustments...it seems to me that the main adjustments will be decided by the game planners (HC and OC/DC coordinators) and then the specifics of the adjustments may go to the position coaches. Interesting post.

Back