What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Lynott Jr wins the Buffalo Heart Award (Davion Taylor Honorable Mention)

Can’t remember the last time that the winner of the Buffalo Heart Award was such a toss up, this close to the final game.
The seniors are:
— CB Delrick Abrams Jr.
— SN J.T. Bale
— TE Beau Bisharat
— WR Tony Brown
— S Lucas Cooper
— OLB Nu'umotu Falo Jr.
— QB Josh Goldin
— OL Arlington Hambright (graduate student)
— TE Jalen Harris (graduate student)
— P Alex Kinney
— C Tim Lynott Jr.
— QB Steven Montez
— S Mikial Onu (graduate student)
— PK Davis Price
— OL Jack Shutack
— OLB Davion Taylor

Several worthy candidates but I’d cast my vote for Tim Lynott. Dude has battled through some injuries and appears to be a leader on that offensive line.

Can’t remember the last time that the winner of the Buffalo Heart Award was such a toss up, this close to the final game.
The seniors are:
— CB Delrick Abrams Jr.
— SN J.T. Bale
— TE Beau Bisharat
— WR Tony Brown
— S Lucas Cooper
— OLB Nu'umotu Falo Jr.
— QB Josh Goldin
— OL Arlington Hambright (graduate student)
— TE Jalen Harris (graduate student)
— P Alex Kinney
— C Tim Lynott Jr.
— QB Steven Montez
— S Mikial Onu (graduate student)
— PK Davis Price
— OL Jack Shutack
— OLB Davion Taylor

Several worthy candidates but I’d cast my vote for Tim Lynott. Dude has battled through some injuries and appears to be a leader on that offensive line.
Second on Lynott.

Last edited:
Gotta go with the big guy - Lynott.

Thanks to all of the Buff seniors. They've been through a lot (most of it not so good).

Jack Shutack. Kid stuck it out here while not on scholarship and has played significant time (roughly 50 plays a game) the 2nd half of the season while Pursell had his Gall Bladder removed (playing approximately 50% more plays during that time than Roddick).

No big threads on him on our boards, which means he did what you want an OL player to do. Not stand out!

All done while paying his own way.

To me, that's the definition of this award.

Jack Shutack. Kid stuck it out here while not on scholarship and has played significant time (roughly 50 plays a game) the 2nd half of the season while Pursell had his Gall Bladder removed (playing approximately 50% more plays during that time than Roddick).

No big threads on him on our boards, which means he did what you want an OL player to do. Not stand out!

All done while paying his own way.

To me, that's the definition of this award.
Abrams

Apologies for derailing this thread, but in looking through the bios, this just jumped out to me:
bisharat_beau_2019_mug.jpgth.jpg
Bish and Jeopardy James: Bruthas from another mutha.

Viska. You couldn't find a better example of a man playing thru pain and injury to help his team. He was incredible against stanford. almost everyone thought he should be on the bench, but he wouldn't hear it.
He's a sure 1st rounder and him risking injury this way is totally selfless. (okay, i'm running on, but look at all the guys who take their foot off the gas, skip the bowl game, etc. he could easily have said, 'this season is a bust. i'm, going to worry about the nfl')

Viska. You couldn't find a better example of a man playing thru pain and injury to help his team. He was incredible against stanford. almost everyone thought he should be on the bench, but he wouldn't hear it.
He's a sure 1st rounder and him risking injury this way is totally selfless. (okay, i'm running on, but look at all the guys who take their foot off the gas, skip the bowl game, etc. he could easily have said, 'this season is a bust. i'm, going to worry about the nfl')

Believe it has to be a senior thus eliminating Viska

Taylor played virtually no high school ball, learned how to play in CC, then did well at Colorado. It's either Taylor or Lynott if I had a vote.

Beau has battled for four years, Alex Kinney could be an interesting choice. Finally, Montez, despite the major f ups he’s had. He still has the locker room behind him.

Got to be Tim Lynott. Battled through a lot coming back from that Achilles injury, never a lick of trouble, started every year and always played through the minor injuries.

Back