What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tim Lynott Jr wins the Buffalo Heart Award (Davion Taylor Honorable Mention)

I will stand by Taylor first, but Lynot and Bish are worthy based on a lot of reasons mentioned (Kinney maybe 4th, and no way on Montez). Ironically, Defense, Offense, and Special Teams represented. Still wondering about the rotating captain's thing? Feels like these three guys showed the heart and soul that it takes to be a great Buff.

I'm preaching to the choir, but Davion is an absolute athletic freak. Many forget that he finished 5th in the 100 meter dash in the PAC 12 Track and Field Finals last season, just for fun. He also lifts in the weight room with the linemen because he can keep up. I wish he had another year of college ball eligibility. He played one game of high school ball. He's gotta be on the radar of some NFL teams, at least as a UDFA.

Last edited:
I am disappointed that the previous coaching staff was unable to develop Davion like this staff has. He has really been excellent this year.

I think that is a really unfair take. The previous staff took a HUGE leap of faith on an incredibly raw football player. Part of his development this season was that he actually gained real experience last season because he has just not played a lot of football in real games.

That a little speculative. Davion hadn't played much football before he arrived last season. It's likely he just needed time to adjust, no matter who his coaches were.
You may be right. If memory serves, I thought he was pretty highly rated as a junior college prospect, so I thought he had pretty good potential already. But then again my memory may be failing me.

You may be right. If memory serves, I thought he was pretty highly rated as a junior college prospect, so I thought he had pretty good potential already. But then again my memory may be failing me.
Given Davion’s natural talents, if he’d played in high school, there’s no chance he would’ve been a Buff.

The TV broadcast said Davion actually practiced with the football team in HS, but didn't play games because his religion forbade him playing games at night? I'd never heard anything about that.

The TV broadcast said Davion actually practiced with the football team in HS, but didn't play games because his religion forbade him playing games at night? I'd never heard anything about that.

Link
So why didn't Taylor play in any more high school football games? His mother's religion forbade it.

The Sabbath for Seventh Day Adventists is observed from sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday, when Adventists refrain from secular work and recreation to honor the holy day. Since high school football games in Mississippi are played Friday nights, it created a problem. A big problem.

"I wouldn't allow it," Davion's mother, Stephanie Taylor, says. "As long as he lived under my roof, he followed my rules."

Davion got to play one game in high school because it started prior to sundown on Friday (spoiler alert--he killed it). After he graduated and turned 18, he made the choice to walk on to a JC program where he played his first two years of college eligibility. CU picked him up, played him a lot in 2018, and now he is just starting to really break out. Like I said above, I wish he had one more year of eligibility. The guy certainly has NFL physical talent.

Back