1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time of possession...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by KingPants, Oct 1, 2007.

1. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I thought I remembered Hawk saying early this year that time of possession was the most overrated stat in football. Strange that we are the 7th best in the nation in time of possession. I wonder if he really feels that way, or if he was just snowing our opponets.

Time of possession

Also, the OU game bought out a personal plus for me. I was unable to attend as I had a conflict, but my wife went with a couple of buddies of mine and had a hell of a time. She went from last year not wanting to go to any games, to pestering me today about getting tickets to the MU and NU games this year. She has even said she would like our Christmas present to be season tickets for next year. I never thought I would see the day!!!! :thumbsup:

:gobuffs::dance::gobuffs:

2. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

The top 10 is composed of good and bad teams so I guess Hawk is correct that it is a meaningless stat. Hell, CSU is #10 and they are 0-4.

3. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

You're right. Here's the top 25 with their TOP (time of possession) rank.

[​IMG]

4. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Ignore the win loss columns. they got screwed up during my sort.

5. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Heh! SJ - your signature line is very appropriate for that stat. :lol: