1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top QB Recruit for 2014

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by boydbuff, Feb 24, 2013.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Anyone know who our top target is for QB in the 2014 class? Feels like Embree screwed up a lot of the QB recruiting w- transfers etc. but he did get Dillon and Sefo who may have the right stuff.

Very curious who this staff goes after with their first QB recruiting effort, given their plans for the offense and their existing recruiting ties. I hope they go after and get a legit Pac 12 qb.

2. VKBERLlN

VKBERLlN New Member

3. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Mahalak? Iirc

4. boydbuff

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The recruit file index is a good place to get an idea of possible targets.

6. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Kind of a weak year for pocket passer style QBs out west, should be interesting to see what Mac and crew do.

7. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I suspect we will pull in a 3 star athlete type. He will have the measureables but won't be the type of guy we see an immediate impact from.

8. The Ogre

The Ogre Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't mind seeing us work our way all the way up to average, when it somes to our QB evolution. You know, develop technique and knowledge until you can beat out the quality, older guys ahead of you. We seem to have at least a RS freshman and an incoming freshman who most are able to put some hope in. The three guys ahead of them (at least academically) probably aren't the 'wastes of flesh' we've grown to believe they are, and could surprise.

Getting a high profile kid to commit next year would signal a possible return to normalcy - as we older folks new it. If the offense shows flashes of what SJSU did last year, I imagine recruiting will pick up a bunch.

9. boydbuff

Well I sure hope we are not recruiting QBs with hopes of immediate impact anymore. Usually a recipe for disaster. I know some hope Sefo shines enough to earn PT next year but I am not one of them. I am praying DIllon proves to be close to as good as advertised and the others can serve as backups while Sefo RS. I hope.

10. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I think you are wrong. Coach Mac likes athletes, but at QB, I think they are very particular about their guy. Look for a quick release and very accurate passer. May be undersized even. Sort of the type of QB that Leach recruited while at TT. I would not expect a physical specimen type who can also play RB, DB or LB. I'd expect a guy who can throw the ball, under pressure, accurately.

11. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Hopefully, like with Leach, it's a system that's easy to pick up and execute. No more NFL style decision trees with the QB & receivers needing to be on the same page with site adjustments. We've had that for the past 7 years and it doesn't work very well unless you've got a senior QB who has been in the system along with experienced receivers.

13. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I guess we will have to wait and see. I still think Athlete type QB this year who we can develop. I don't see alot of higher end pocket passer types wanting to get in line to compete with Sefo and Dillon. At least I wouldn't recommend to my kid to go there with two young guys possibly in front of you already.

14. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Go all in for KJ Carta-Samuels

15. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Pretty sure according to TOOS we have a couple of recent offers out to a couple of QBs in Texas as well. In fact, for how much Coach MacIntyre said they were going to treat Cali as in state, I'm pleasantly surprised with the number of Texas offers they already have out.

16. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

"Of you're a perfectionist. Flashes of Quincy!"

Name the quote

17. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Although we put a lot of value on our two young QBs, they don't pose anything daunting compared to even an average BCS team (having not yet played).

BCS teams take a QB per year and most have a depth chart with more highly recruited guys.

Our depth chart is a selling pt at QBs. Not to mention that these things have little impact on kids decisions. They should not fear competition and most don't fear it.

18. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Amigo, your'e under Arrest!

Try Starla here.

19. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

20. boydbuff

Thanks. Good post although more stats and they should have included height-weight, etc. Sounds like at least at the time of the writing we were not serious contenders for any of them.

21. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Again, very important to emphasize that it is very early in the process as it relates to quarterbacks. Most coaches want to see these guys throw and evaluate them in-person later this spring. Not many "can't miss" prospects out West this year, but lots of guys who could eventually be quality PAC-12 starters. The QB board is going to take some time to shake out. We will have a much better idea of where we stand in late May/early June.