What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Top remaining targets known:

OkieBuffster

What are CU’s chances with these kids and how will this class realistically be finished:

WR:
Kyle Ford
LaVontae Shenault

TE:
Skylar Loving-Black
Ty Robinson

OL:
Jason Rodriguez

DT:
Siale Liku

DE:
Stephon Wright
Darius Robinson

LB:
Caleb Johnson
Sylvain Yondjouen

DB:
Isaiah Rutherford

I’d be happy with Liku, Robinson, Loving-Black/Robinson and a LB. Ford, Rutherford, Wright or Rodriguez would be icing on the cake. Curious what other people view as realistic, or if there are any flips that could happen. Maybe McCaffrey bailing on Nebraska.

Seems like there are always a couple late targets we learn about. Often JUCOs, but not always.

I still think that if it looks like Montez declares for the draft that we'll be considering a grad transfer QB.

I see both sides of the TE debate, but we’ve recruited TE’s every year and lost out. If we got a stud TE I think they would be a viable option. We took a JUCO last year. I’m not sure he’ll pan out. I’m not sure Loving-Black would be anything special, but maybe a Robinson. It would be nice to have a TE threat in the red zone.

Having Ty Robinson play TE and not DE would be a huge mistake. I think Pop will be a better then average TE and that will change the perception. I don't think the offensive staff is against throwing to the TE but they just haven't had the talent there to utilize. Jones is an unknown there but he has big potential too.

Not having a middle of the field presence in the passing game is eventually going to hurt this offense. Yes, they can move guys around and scheme to attack the middle of the field, but it's not the same as utilizing a pass catching, in-line TE that often gets covered by LBs.

Having Ty Robinson play TE and not DE would be a huge mistake. I think Pop will be a better then average TE and that will change the perception. I don't think the offensive staff is against throwing to the TE but they just haven't had the talent there to utilize. Jones is an unknown there but he has big potential too.
FWIW Bounds has gotten open a few times this year, but Montez doesn't really look his way.

Seems like there are always a couple late targets we learn about. Often JUCOs, but not always.

I still think that if it looks like Montez declares for the draft that we'll be considering a grad transfer QB.

I totally forgot that Montez could declare for the draft this year... How likely do you think that is?

Flipping Rodriguez would be huge. He would bring our another level to our OL talent.

In addition to him I would still welcome another high end OL talent (not another project.) There aren't many of them out there but a solid JC OL would help our depth chart a lot.

Also need Liku. Again in addition another JC NT would help. We lose Javier this year and Tuiloma next year. I don't see him as a starter. If Sami isn't back and strong next year we will be weak in the middle.

There was a play against ASU where Montez rolled right, Bounds was uncovered for a 1st down and Montez threw the ball away instead. It was strange.

They don’t want that play on film. You watch, it’s going to come out against Washington!

Back