What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Transfer Portal is Open

It was revealing when Tad said earlier this year that Diop needs to realize we don’t need him to play-make, just do the little things. This is because Diop is a natural play-maker. Diop probably has bettter outside shot than he showed; Tad said he would like to eventually use him at 2-spot when recruited. So I say Luke’s role closest comparison-w/ more play-making & lengthier D?

Baye Fall seems to have way higher ceiling than Wesley Gordon. Fall always averaged solid points in HS/AAU/all-star games- even with his fairly un-developed offensive game; he’s just an athletic mis-match in the paint. His high-motor & elite D shows-up across the board: his switch-ability instantly improves last years poor ball-screen D. He may start out closer to 12 & 8 averages, but I’ld expect closer to 15 & 10 by Jr/Sn years?

I’m curious to see Dak’s development because his handle & straight-line drives seems to be the (potential elite?) skill he most brought from coming up as a smaller guard. Sure his shot will eventually come around too. Da Silva showed early elite drives, & Tad utilized him there more. Usually Buff Bigs/Fs learn: 1) post it; 2) stretch D, when pushed off block; then 3) drive close-outs (lastly). Da Silva often went straight to the drive, like I suspect we’ll see from Dak?

PS: No-Way Rancik is not 1 of top-3 Buffs scoring options next year. He is more developed Da Silva-type: inch taller & supposedly “sneaky bounce” -per Tad- for decent rim protection. Wouldn’t be surprised if his handle & passing is a year ahead of where Tristan’s was?

Portal Picks: Yale’s Danny Wolf & Baye Fall, w/ Jeff Nwankwo as our 2-Way Wing? Trent Perry at PtG would put is in top echelon (top 4-6?) of Big12? U Doom-sayers are just silly!

PS: No-Way Rancik is not 1 of top-3 Buffs scoring options next year. He is more developed Da Silva-type: inch taller & supposedly “sneaky bounce” -per Tad- for decent rim protection. Wouldn’t be surprised if his handle & passing is a year ahead of where Tristan’s was?

Portal Picks: Yale’s Danny Wolf & Baye Fall, w/ Jeff Nwankwo as our 2-Way Wing? Trent Perry at PtG would put is in top echelon (top 4-6?) of Big12? U Doom-sayers are just silly!
Those additions would definitely make us more competitive next year.

Rancik, I agree with. His game is extremely similar to TDS, but I feel he's ahead of where TDS was at 17-18 years old.

When does the portal close? When are we gong to start seeing Tad sign some new players?

The season ended 12 hours ago. In a world where the NCAA wasn't complete morons, the portal shouldn't even be opening until today. Take a breath.
That's not reality. It opened a couple weeks ago.
I asked a simple question. If you dn't have an answer, don't be an a@@hole and just don't respond.

That's not reality. It opened a couple weeks ago.
I asked a simple question. If you dn't have an answer, don't be an a@@hole and just don't respond.
I think it's open another 4 weeks (6 total), but I could definitely be wrong about that. I think it's until the end of the semester per NCAA calendar.

Tad also coached on U19, would be interesting option...the recruit board starting to take shape everyone below connections to the staff/Colorado in someway.

PG: Boswell, Perry (HS recruit)

Wing- Baskin

Big- Fall, Awaka, Keller and Booth

Pretty solid board overall, I think all of these players are not too far fetched cost/NIL wise. Perry really did start to blow up his senior year though! Boswell and Perry might both be too high profile but we really need a PG. Didn't seem that Keller or Booth really considered CU much the first go. Keller's hs teammate Crawford is joining us. Also think he has the lowest ceiling of the group too.

The season ended 12 hours ago. In a world where the NCAA wasn't complete morons, the portal shouldn't even be opening until today. Take a breath.

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

Stole this from somewhere else, but Rohn and Reub are both following Oscar Cluff of Wazzu and Elijah Malone the NAIA POY and they're following back. Looks like we're definitely trying to add some beef to the frontcourt. Cluff is a solid rebounder and defender so that's very on brand. Not gonna pretend I know anything about Malone so here's a 90 second video of him in which the first 30 seconds is graphics that do nothing but waste your time.

Tad also coached on U19, would be interesting option...the recruit board starting to take shape everyone below connections to the staff/Colorado in someway.

PG: Boswell, Perry (HS recruit)

Wing- Baskin

Big- Fall, Awaka, Keller and Booth

Pretty solid board overall, I think all of these players are not too far fetched cost/NIL wise. Perry really did start to blow up his senior year though! Boswell and Perry might both be too high profile but we really need a PG. Didn't seem that Keller or Booth really considered CU much the first go. Keller's hs teammate Crawford is joining us. Also think he has the lowest ceiling of the group too.

no thanks on Boswell, one dimensional on offense and not a great defender

Stole this from somewhere else, but Rohn and Reub are both following Oscar Cluff of Wazzu and Elijah Malone the NAIA POY and they're following back. Looks like we're definitely trying to add some beef to the frontcourt. Cluff is a solid rebounder and defender so that's very on brand. Not gonna pretend I know anything about Malone so here's a 90 second video of him in which the first 30 seconds is graphics that do nothing but waste your time.

damn, love those clips (outside of the over the top 30 second intro graphics)

I’m down with Malone. Listed at 6’10 and apparently shot 37% from 3 and 81% from the line. Those are Battey numbers

-Coach Ray made more progress w/ Pharrel Payne than Carry Booth-when they were both HS recruits. Baye Fall got2 come home!
-Nwankwo physical, defensive-minded, long scoring wing NEEDED in Big12!
-I would say deep lead guards in Big12 is 2nd most important spot. But Julian starts, & RJ Smith/Andrew Crawford/ Felix Kossaras could earn back-up minutes at PtG?
-Fall & Payne (even Danny Wolf/Cam Barnes/‘24 Makhan Diouf) would put us in top-4 Big-12 Front Courts. Lengthy 6’7 guys norm now. But I like Top-7 as floor for Buffs next year?

-Coach Ray made more progress w/ Pharrel Payne than Carry Booth-when they were both HS recruits. Baye Fall got2 come home!
-Nwankwo physical, defensive-minded, long scoring wing NEEDED in Big12!
-I would say deep lead guards in Big12 is 2nd most important spot. But Julian starts, & RJ Smith/Andrew Crawford/ Felix Kossaras could earn back-up minutes at PtG?
-Fall & Payne (even Danny Wolf/Cam Barnes/‘24 Makhan Diouf) would put us in top-4 Big-12 Front Courts. Lengthy 6’7 guys norm now. But I like Top-7 as floor for Buffs next year?

what is this comedy GIF by BBC

Dude has the most disjointed posting style I've ever seen.
Hope this helps, Medford:

Top priorities for Buffs b-ball (based on Tad's interest/comments) & my assessment of who are the best fits/likeliest to sign with Buffs (Yes, Tad did say we need "size... at 5-spot...perimeter length...& experience...but would take best players & adjust play-style to players we get"):

1) Length, D, scoring & toughness on the wing for elite wings & élite toughness Big12: JuCo Transfer Jeff Nwankwo & '25 Tyrus Rathan-Mayes top wing targets? Tad's other lengthy elite-shooting wing-targets don't seem to have toughness of these 2 guys.

2) 1-2 Posts/BigWings that can Defend 5-Spot: Big12 is mostly full of lengthy 6’7 guys at 4 & 5 spots, w/ only a handful of elite Centers at 5. I like CU to sign Fall & Payne the most (based on past relationships w/ CU coaches). But Danny Wolf/Cam Barnes/‘24 Makhan Diouf could give us a Top 4-6 front court too. Wolf is the only 1 here that CU doesn't have long-term relationship with. '25 Big Tee Bartlett next in line?

3) PtG that can defend elite Lead Guards of Big12: '24 Perry or 2-Way-Type-Guard Tad has shown portal interest in? '25 Green picked CU in his Top-10, but we still feel like long-shots. '25 Josiah Sanders is Colorado-native & has already visited multiple times. Tad indicated Crawford & Kossaras could earn back-up PtG minutes- & w/ Julian & RJ Smith at Pt -we may not be lacking here as much as some think?

PS: In support of my continued argument that we could be 2nd Tier program in Big-12 (after Kansas, Arizona, Houston & Baylor; Iowa & BYU haven't convinced me of their long-term viability yet), w/ CU regularly finishing in 5-8 range (or 9th may get invite) & have better yearly NCAA-chances w/ improved strength of schedule, please see link below for Utah's writer's assessment of CU finishing 7th next year:
https://kslsports.com/514597/big-12...-2025-season-four-corners-iowa-state-houston/

PSS: I understand you doom-sayers just look at our roster turn-over & past recruiting mediocrity as your evidence. But when I look at our program-development, Buffs are in great condition to continue to improve recruiting & program success. Also, many Big12 programs are due for re-build years & we couldn't pick a better year to be joining (especially if we get front-court size/scoring that we need), so I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish closer to 4-6 range vs 7-9 1st year (re-builds: TX Tech/TCU/Cinnci/ Utah/Arizona St/K-State/UCF/W Virginia/Oklahoma St). We finish ahead of those 9 & we get invite at 7th.

Just looked at Big-12 conference rosters again (see link below), and only schools with more continuity on their rosters than CU are: Houston, BYU & probably Baylor. Arizona & Kansas likely to get deep & talented transfers. Iowa St & Kansas St already with some good transfers. Obviously, a lot could happen by the time portal closes (to new additions) at the end of May. Also, head-coaching changes allows players to join portal 30 days after coaching change. So rosters still settling in June?

FYI: CU's team in "The Tournament" (million dollar prize) is practicing in Boulder in June w/ McKinley Wright, Tyler Bey, Evan Batty & more- so I suspect June will be big visit-time for any final-spots CU has open for '24. Or at least for 2025 recruiting visits!

Back