What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Travis Hunter Appreciation Thread

He didn't look good tonight, but the touchdown grab over him was almost perfect defense. Not much more he could have done on that play.

I'm hoping someday we figure out crosses and slants to the middle of the field. Ugh.
Better linebackers and defensive schemes could help with the slants…oh…and that other thing….edges and DL’s that can get pressure on the quarterback w/o having to bring the whole farm on a blitz.

He didn't look good tonight, but the touchdown grab over him was almost perfect defense. Not much more he could have done on that play.

I'm hoping someday we figure out crosses and slants to the middle of the field. Ugh.
If he looks for the ball he has an Int. Drives me crazy when d backs never look for the ball anymore.

The worst possible matchup for Travis is a WR who is big & strong, can out muscle him and box him out like a TE. Compounded Friday by the rust, recovery & light work the past few weeks.

He played the worst game we will ever see from him at CB, but with that I put a lot of blame on Kennedy. You have to adjust from plan when someone is struggling and unable to execute the job your entire plan hinges upon.

Idk how you can watch the Nebraska or TCU game and say that. He was a stud at DB more than WR. He sucked ass today at DB. He just came back from an injury. Give the man some time to heal.
Then it falls on the coaches to pull him out of there don't you think?

I remember a wise man once saying players make plays. #13 made plays. When it was needed #13 won his one on one and made the play.... over and over.
CP has even said "you have to win your one on one" that's where it all starts in football.
TH could have jammed 13 at the line and played more physical at the snap, or jump the route that the entire stadium could see coming over and over.

Then it falls on the coaches to pull him out of there don't you think?
And yet he needs the reps to get back into game form. 🤔

Were at year 0.8 on this rebuilding project? 0.7? Were way ahead of where a lot of people thought we would be.

I’m not convinced he was 100% Friday night. He took a big shot on his last touchdown grab. I’m not sure how many plays he was in but for the first time at CU, he looked exhausted towards the end of the game. Dude is human after all.
Pretty sure he surpassed 150 plays. That's a ton considering he was out for a month. That's a ton no matter what.

I’m not convinced he was 100% Friday night. He took a big shot on his last touchdown grab. I’m not sure how many plays he was in but for the first time at CU, he looked exhausted towards the end of the game. Dude is human after all.
He is obviously tired towards the end of third quarter. Again, coach failure for not pulling him out.

No one else is asked to play man so that the rest of the coverage can play matchup zone. What we learned is that you can't leave a less than 100% TH on an island every single play.

On an island with the other team's top guy who has a major size advantage. I wish they would have done with TH what the Jets and Pats used to do with Revis. Take Hunter off 13 and put him one-on-one with the second best guy, then double up 13. He was too big for Hunter to deal with on Friday night, but Hunter likely would have clamped down the second guy and let two guys take out 13.

On an island with the other team's top guy who has a major size advantage. I wish they would have done with TH what the Jets and Pats used to do with Revis. Take Hunter off 13 and put him one-on-one with the second best guy, then double up 13. He was too big for Hunter to deal with on Friday night, but Hunter likely would have clamped down the second guy and let two guys take out 13.
Don’t know why that was too complicated. Maybe we need coordinators in the booth.

A double team doesn't really work on slant route unless the double is coming from a dropping LB into the passing lane.

IMO, they either needed to do that or they needed to have Hunter play hard inside leverage and force their mediocre QB to beat them on harder throws to the outside.

A double team doesn't really work on slant route unless the double is coming from a dropping LB into the passing lane.

IMO, they either needed to do that or they needed to have Hunter play hard inside leverage and force their mediocre QB to beat them on harder throws to the outside.
CB can play with inside leverage on a jam with safety help over the top. If he gets beat from that, it gives up a short to mid out route, but that's not an easy throw and a lot of college QBs struggle with it (especially to the left).

Wait, we can put a LB into the middle, where we might stop both slants AND crossing routes?

Is that even legal?

CB can play with inside leverage on a jam with safety help over the top. If he gets beat from that, it gives up a short to mid out route, but that's not an easy throw and a lot of college QBs struggle with it (especially to the left).
Exactly. Easiest throw and catch to complete is a slant when the CB is playing outside leverage or head up, but allows a free release. One of the hardest throw and catches to complete is the out route in a bump and trail man coverage

that's not an easy throw and a lot of college QBs struggle with it (especially to the left).
This is exactly why I think all of the blame should be put on the coaches. The players will make mistakes, it's coach's job to minimize the risk of those mistakes.

All the talks about players not loving football enough is strange to me. That might be the reason you lose to teams like UA, Berkeley, etc. That's not the reason you give Stanford 29 points come back in home.

Travis could take 1st Down on offense off during possession switches and catch a double rest on the punt and 1st down.
Maybe we can run it on 1st Down, then Travis can come back out, hopefully on something like a 2nd and 4 where we can take a shot

Travis could take 1st Down on offense off during possession switches and catch a double rest on the punt and 1st down.
Maybe we can run it on 1st Down, then Travis can come back out, hopefully on something like a 2nd and 4 where we can take a shot
I'll settle for him not being on the field for punts, he was for at least one in the Stanford game.

Back