1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tubberville as Stupid as Hawkins...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

“We know how to win championships,” Tuberville said. “You can just imagine here the excitement when we do win … because we’re going to win a championship. We’re going to win maybe two, maybe three, maybe four. It just depends on what the good Lord wants us to have.”

In 14 years coaching in the SEC (Ole Miss and Auburn), Tommy had exactly 1 conference championship. Is there something in the water down in Lubbock that makes one insert foot into mouth? He better just hope he doesn't lose his opener against SMU.

3. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

TT is a better coach than Hawk, no doubt about that. He knows how to win in big boy football.

4. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

To TT's credit, he did go undefeated and won a "mythical" share of a national title.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

That's not necessarily saying a whole lot.

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Thread title FTL.

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

you wake me up when Tommy wins more south divisions than Texas and Oklahoma.

because i think 7 wins with more OC cupcakes is what Tubby's thing in Lubbock will mean.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  8. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

True, although TT is a good coach. Winning in the SEC isn't exactly easy.

He's 110-60 as a head coach, all of it in big boy football (the SEC). He's been to 9 bowl games, winning 6. He's got one SEC championship and should have gotten a piece of the MNC in 2004.

I'll take that over what we have here any day.

9. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

TT is miles ...maybe even light years ahead of DH...

DH has shown an ability not to wrap the ferrari around the lightpole in the bush leagues. He's getting worked in big boy FB.

10. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

11. CarolinaBuff

Yes, he's a very good coach. My only point was that to say he's better than Hawkins doesn't mean much because there's quite a few coaches that fit that description right about now. :huh:

12. Idot Buff

No comprendo

13. CarolinaBuff

He's saying the thread title is a bad one. :smile2:

14. Idot Buff

Fair enough...but what does the acronym stand for....****ing too Lame?

15. CarolinaBuff

For the loss

16. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

I disagree. TT will win 3x as may games as DH next year. A problem Id like to have. Plus, hes now out of the SEC where all he has to do is focus on beating UT and thereby OU and your in the CCG. SEC was not as easy.

17. Buffnik

SEC certainly was as easy. Alabama and LSU were down for most of the years when TT was coaching at Auburn. I'd argue that today's Oklahoma State team is better than any SEC West opponent was during that era. Forget Texas and Oklahoma, they would absolutely smoke those teams. That conference was dominated by the East during those years (mostly Florida with Tennessee in the mix).

Tommy has not proved that he can do more with less talent. His Ole Miss teams were mediocre at best and his Auburn program fell off considerably once the SEC West got strong on the wave of the revenue windfall for the conference. He has proved that he's a very good coach whose teams play with a lot of intensity, but Tech is 5th in resources among the 6 teams in its division.

18. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not that I disagree with the notion that Tuberville will find success in Lubbock hard to come by, but your assertion that LSU was down for most of the years TT was coaching at Auburn is incorrect. They finished ranked in the top 10 five times during Tuberville's time at Auburn and also won two national titles in that timeframe, along with four SEC title game appearances (winning three). Not all of their success came after the revenue windfall to their conference. In fact, there was a 4-5 year stretch where it was essentially LSU and Auburn fighting it out for the SEC West every year with Arkansas randomly mixed in a couple times. LSU has been one of the elite teams over the last decade.

19. Buffnik

You're right. I should have looked that up. I was thinking of LSU pre-Saban. Time flies. Saban started at LSU in 2000. Wow, I'm getting old. :lol: