1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuesday is the 25th Anniversary of the 1986 20-10 victory over Nebraska ...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Oct 25, 2011.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Coach Embree was asked about the 1986 win over Nebraska at his press conference today. He talked about how the game was a "signature win" for the program, because the Buffs did not upset the No. 3 Cornhuskers, they beat them.

Since there will likely be stories on the game in the papers, here is a link to the recap of the game, along with the YouTube highlights. Enjoy!

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1986/3-nebraska-20-10-the-mother-of-all-games/

Go Buffs! :thumbsup:

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I loved that game. It was euphoric. Having grown up watching CU play Nebraska, and never quite being able to beat them, I was in tears when that game ended. Think about it - I was a Freshman at CU. CU hadn't beaten NU in my lifetime up until that point.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

God I can't wait until that next game at Folsom where everybody is walking around after the game with that stunned euphoria grin on their face. NU 1986 2001, and OU 2007.

5. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

man, it would be great to feel that great about CU football again. that was a magical day.

6. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

Coach was just talking about this on his radio show,how the after this game it turned the OU game into a Big 8 title game.What a crazy season,ended in Houston at the Bluebonnet Bowl vs baylor

7. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I'd forgotten how much I hated that astroturf. I thought people were gonna die out on that surface.

Campbell was fearless.