1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyler Hansen

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This guy is turning into a pretty solid QB. I am not sure he ever going to win awards or postseason accolades, but I feel comfortable with him as the future at that position.

He still has issues with holding on to the ball for too long, but I also seeing him gaining field vision and pocket presence with each passing week. He also has the arm to make most of the throws you want a QB to make.

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a real genius move by our ex-coach to not start him at the beginning of the year.. :rolleyes:

At least the new coach has a QB to work with along with a good receiver in Simas..

3. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

I like Tyler's game. He does hold onto the ball a bit to long but protection has not been great either. He keeps plays alive and can make strong throws over 10 yards. I have no problem with him as our starter for the next two years. :thumbsup:

P.S. When I saw the thread topic my heart sunk. I was thinking, Oh shiezen, is TH leaving.

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

He made some real good reads and check-downs in the game last night. Okie Lite was bringing some monster pressure, so he will have that experience to remember during the off-season about getting rid of the ball quicker. I wish he was a redshirt sophomore going into next season, but can't look back now, only forward and he looks like he will have a solid two more years as the starter for us. I sure hope we get a head coach, offensive coordinator, and QB coach that can help him advance even further.

Developing some touch on his deep balls and more chemistry with what looks to be a stacked WR position will only help him.

5. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

He should be what, 15 or 16 games in as a starter now? Experience works wonders. He's physically gifted with both wheels and a good and fairly accurate arm. Looking forward to see how he does with an actual offensive plan.

6. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

Give him protection and throw it to Simas, not that hard boys.

7. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

he's getting better as he gets more live gametime.

i like the noticeable zip he has on the ball compared to his backup. i also like his escapability. i also like that he spreads the ball around.

he's still raw but he's got a lot more upside than his backup. it will be fun to watch him and all the other guys under a new staff.

8. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

But our schedule sucks a little next year:

At CSU
    At Cal
    Hawaii
    Georgia
    At Mizzou
    Baylor
    Texas Tech
    At OU
    At KU
    ISU
    KSU
    At Stinkoln

I did prefer this year's schedule but I guess it made **** difference.

woops wrong thread, apologies...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

No **** i think tyler jsut got sacked again.

10. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

I heard on CU sat radio last night that we ranked 117th in country for sacks allowed. :wow:

11. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Yes we dropped from 104 to 117 last night.

12. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

and 119 in the penalties... it is little wonder our offense is so inept

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I don't think that's fair to Cody, IMO. I was pulling for TH to be the starter, but I think he and Cody were very close. None of us were at the practices, etc. Cody deserves a lot of credit for the way he's handled things and the way he performed last night. Instead of hanging his head, he kept his head in the game and when he was called upon, he performed great. Tyler has really improved, IMO. He should be solid next year. But he'll have to learn a new system.

14. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

and McKnight, Simmons, Clemons, Jefferson, Darden, Ussery, etc. :thumbsup:

15. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

The real question is what school could have more penalties and sacks than CU. :confused: I'ld look it up but its to depressing.

16. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Jefferson looked VERY quick on that little WR hitch play he ran.

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I also hope people are patient with Tyler next season. He is still learning (will have less than 10 starts) and I think the early part of the schedule in a new system is going to be a challenge.

18. PurifydatA$$

PurifydatA$$ Member

Yeah, but hopefully that new system will involve putting our talented players on the field instead of slow, short walk-ons, which would then help Hansen

19. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

I want him to learn to step up in the pocket, and not always flee 20 yards back then try to escape (even though it usually works). There are a lot of big runs and throws that could be made if he could step up.

Although, with our offensive line, its little wonder that he (nor the guy before him) doesn't want to step into the "pocket".

20. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

I'ld like to see TH run the option with Rodney. Worked great the one time they ran it v. aTm. A little speed option would be nice as well.