1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UAB belong huh?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Shldr2Shldr, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

5 minutes into the dance and they are down 10... to Clemson. sound like a worthy team?

2. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

::sigh:: I guess I hope Clemson continues to clobber them

3. Shldr2Shldr

down by 14...

4. BuffMcGruff

BuffMcGruff New Member

I fully believe that UAB and C-USA are miserable this year. If Clemson runs away with it, it proves UAB is a fraud. If Clemson lets UAB back into it, it proves Clemson & UAB are frauds.

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Not to defend UAB but this loss alone doesn't prove they were a fraud. When numerous other deserving teams get beat handily on Thursday and Friday it doesn't necessarily mean they were frauds either. Anymore than if Clemson or some other questionable bubble team wins a game or 2, that wouldn't justify that they were deserving of a bid.

There's alot of teams not in that could win a game or 2 in this tournament, but the question is were they deserving of earning that chance in the first place.

6. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

UAB didn't deserve it period.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Yeah, this game alone doesn't prove they were a fraud. Their season prior to this game and including this game proves they were a fraud. :lol:

But we had better be careful throwing out the "fraud" accusation. We still have to beat Texas Southern tonight. They are senior laden with several transfers from bigger schools including, I guess, at least one from Texas. (I caught the tail end of a Boyle interview on KOA and thats what he said.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

UAB looked like how an average team looks in Novemeber

9. Shldr2Shldr

UAB got destroyed on the most important night of their season thus far by a Clemson team who doesn't deserve to be there either. They are a fraud. They do not belong in the tournament. Last night's game did nothing but verify that. Fact.

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Clemson versus WVU got more interesting. I don't know how WVU got a 5 seed with just 20 wins.

11. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I'm agreeing with you both, that UAB didn't deserve a bid. All I'm saying is that last night wasn't the proof that they weren't deserving. They didn't deserve to be playing last night. To put it another way, they wouldn't suddenly be deserving if they had won last night.

12. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

WVU got a 5 seed because they are in the mighty Big East, of course.

I don't know how anyone could think UAB deserved anything after last night. Most of their offensive problems were unforced. I lost track of the times UAB brought it downcourt, started their offense, and literally threw the ball to a Clemson player. Not a steal, just an unforced turnover. UAB stunk up the court, plain and simple, and their performance shamed the committee.

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

And Bama St. goes down tonight.

Probably a good thing the committee just skipped the Tide altogether....

14. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Yeah I only watched the highlights of that game, but players basically dribbled somewhere and then jumped in the air. They then had 3 seconds to try to frantically find a player to pass the ball to before they landed. That player was wearing the wrong jersey. That's like the first rule of bball is to not leave your feet...they were bad