1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UGA fan here, I really like you guy's +10.5 tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dallasga6, Sep 10, 2010.

1. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

Gonna drop a $1.00 IYKWIM on the Buffs. I lurk on here a lot since we'll be there on 10/2... You're prediction thread is all over the place, so that was no help. Help a brother out, if it was you're $1.00 would you take the points?? Thanks in advance & good luck Buffs. My group (old farts, all in our 40-50's) are rolling in on the 31st. Looking forward to what i'm sure will be a great trip... CYA...

-

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

The thing is no one knows anything about this buff team - it's got talent but is REALLY unproven. That and we haven't won a road game in forever. But then, we usually play well in big games. So who the **** knows.

I would stay far away from this game. But if I was forced to bet, I'd take the points.

3. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

13 straight road losses. I repeat 13 straight road losses and have been outscored 182-347 in the last 10 road losses. Lay the points.

4. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

Scrap betting this game, and take FSU and the points.

5. Tytechortz

Tytechortz Member

Take the points. Things change every year in college football. Colorado is on the way up.

6. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

The spread is too large, I'd take the points and bet on CU. It would have to get under 7 for me to think about Cal.

7. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

If I had a good place to bet, I would take the points and bet CU but only at 10+...

8. darth-horax

darth-horax Well-Known Member

Take CU with the win straight across. The Golden Buffaloes are going to down the Golden Grahams.

9. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

So.... That's a Helluva stat. Seems like y'all are overdue. I'm hearing Cal is a little soft & ripe for the upset. I'll play it by ear tomorrow & see if I can snag another 1/2 point. Good luck gents....

10. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Hell its only a dollar. :lol:

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If I've learned one thing being a Buff fan over the years, it's to never bet a game where CU is involved. Seriously, stay away from this game. CU is schitzophrenic. They'll look like world beaters one week, and pure garbage the next. You can't depend on CU to provide a consistant performance. You can't depend on them to win, and you can't depend on them to lose.

12. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

If I were forced to bet this game, I would take Cal and give the points.

13. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

stay away from this game and bet

Oklahoma St -13 at home over Troy

14. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

I see nothing to say we have a shot at winning this one (I wish we could as a fan). I see us losing by at least two TDs maybe more.

15. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Unfortunately, I'm in the same place, Matt. I'll be watching, screaming my head off and possibly throwing things, but I see a big L this weekend. I have no confidence in Hawk.

16. OskiGoDumb

OskiGoDumb New Member

Cal, since 2004, is undefeated vs OOC opponents at home and 32-6 overall at Memorial with the only losses coming against SC and Oregon St. They are much, much, much better at home, especially early. See 35-17 loss at Tenn vs 45-31 win at Memorial or 35-27 loss at Maryland in 2008 vs a 52-13 stomping at Memorial in '09. +10.5 is high but I wouldn't bet against Cal at home.

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

That's weird 'cause it has to be the deadest stadium in all of college football.

18. Maxer

Maxer Member

Clearly you've never been to the mausoleum masquerading as a football stadium in Palo Alto.

Memorial used to be quiet when we routinely sucked (pre 2002) but since Tedford it's actually pretty loud. It's not Alabama or anything but pretty decent.

19. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

Wow, people bet on the Buffs? UGA fan, invest your money elsewhere.

And have a great time in Boulder when you are here.

20. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

All gambling degens are cool with me. But I don't bet CU football. To much invested already. Sorry dawg.

21. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I liked CU when it was +4.5 so I love us at +10.5. Vegas thinks we'll play this close. It's the CA money and conventional wisdom money that's driven this spread up. Rule #1 of gambling is to go against conventional wisdom. Take the Buffs and laugh to the bank. It's a coin flip that we win this outright.

P.S. Do the Dawgs cover against the Cocks?

22. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

Do you guys remember the ugadouche that said they had 4 or 5 #1 picks on their defensive line a couple of years ago when you guys should have beat them?

Well-they didn't.

FChairbanks likes this.
  23. FChairbanks

FChairbanks muthaka slayer Club Member

welcome back, chuck!

24. OskiGoDumb

OskiGoDumb New Member

No, it's not.

[video=youtube;nXE_SMfpiB0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXE_SMfpiB0[/video]

No one would confuse Memorial with Death Valley or the Shoe and like all bowl stadiums it doesn't hold noise down on at field level well but it's not close to the 'deadest stadium in all of college football'. Cal's averaged ~60-65K per game in recent years (50 something for weaker OOC opponents and bottom dwelling Pac-10 foes, 60 something for regular Pac/ decent OOC games and generally 72K sellouts for Stanford, USC, UCLA, sometimes Oregon), good for the top quarter of FBS attendance and right in the middle of Big 12 average attendance. We've got our sitting-on-hands / down-in-front older alums like everywhere but we also have a great student section right on the 50 (visible @ 0:58 above). It can get plenty loud. I'd imagine there will be 63-65K tomorrow and they'll make noise if it's a decent game.

25. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

We need loblaw's friend to drop another 20k against the buffs to ensure another victory.

26. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I think I would take Cal with the points, if I had $1 (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) to bet.

27. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

unless they are playing Missouri, then that game you can depend on them to lose. Or any big 12 north road game.

28. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

gee thats a shocker, I think you would pick anybody to beat the buffs. However your hate clearly comes out here because it looks like you dont know jack **** about the buffs recent history playing big games on the road. Yes losses, but as far as betting, you really dont know.

29. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I believe we were 7-5 against the spread last year and the big betting wins were in the games we were major dogs.

30. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

It's a little bit of reverse psychology. CU went to UCLA once and I predicted UCLA would win big, and CU shredded them.

So, again, if I had $1,000 lying around to bet on a college football game, I would take Cal and the points.

And it is easy to pick anyone to beat the Buffs, CU has only won 1/3 of their games the last 4 years.