What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Uniform Prediction Thread - Game 3 - Michigan (Away)

I just exchanged emails with my Michigan buddy ... I started out with pretending that the Buffs team were pleading for big, bad Michigan to try not to beat them up too much so that we might still be able to have some moderate success in the Pac 12 season (a clever psychological ploy if I do say so myself). He pointed out that if the team really wanted mercy, it probably isn't a good idea to wear the '94 "Miracle" unis, with which I couldn't disagree. I would have gone with the "Stormtrooper ensemble" ... I think that rocks, and for my part I think it's time to move on and start a new era of success.

If it's a done deal, so be it. But I would remind those who lobbied for the GWB unis that while they were the ones we wore for the '94 game (which I was at with my buddy when I was still a UM fan and had no connection to CU) ... they were also essentially the uni combo we wore for the '97 game (which I was also at with him) and in which they kicked our asses so badly that Skippy melted down on the sideline and berated John Hessler like it was his fault. So there's that.

... they were also essentially the uni combo we wore for the '97 game (which I was also at with him) and in which they kicked our asses so badly that Skippy melted down on the sideline and berated John Hessler like it was his fault. So there's that.

The 97 uni was just different enough for it to be one of my least favorite Buff unis of all time. Glad it only lasted 2 years

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 25
1997 was the year that we started out ranked in the top ten and ended up missing a bowl for the first time in like 10 years or so.

There was a lot of **** wrong with that team, not just the stupid striped numbers.

1997 was the year that we started out ranked in the top ten and ended up missing a bowl for the first time in like 10 years or so.

There was a lot of **** wrong with that team, not just the stupid striped numbers.
The Sporting News had us preseason #1 in 1997.

Well they forgot how to run the ball for one. Slick made them soft imho.

Back