1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up next: Arizona St

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

What do we have to improve on to win this game down there? I think we need to work on our pass protection and we need to find a way to put more pressure on the QB. Carpenter will have another hey day against us if we let him pick out targets like we let Hanie.

BTW, ASU beat San Jose St 45-3 yesterday.

2. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

What's the deal with the defense? I did see Hypolite have a good game but is the secondary slow? Short? No bump and run coverage? It seemed like they couldn't contain the TE.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Our linebackers are hurting right now. Besides Dizon, they looked lost out there. The secondary is so-so, but that's about what it has been for quite a few years now.

4. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

Ah that'll do it.

5. Duff Man

As far as next week's goes, QB pressure is going to be huge. Also, we need to have another good day from special teams like yesterday.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I think CSU threw to Wheatley's reciever twice all day, and he intercepted one of them. Wheatley could be an All Big 12 corner. Our other corner got abused, but it wasn't all his fault. We had no pressure on the QB, and Hanie could pick his man out. The real pass protection is from pressure on the QB, not your secondary. And it hurts with our LB's.

7. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

unfortunately it looks like ASU has a real good offensive line-
    one of the best in the Pac 10 from what I have read-

CU has a tall task Saturday-

8. buff82

buff82 Guest

Spy with one line backer every 3 plays. Mixed lb blitzes. Have the DE's play coverage at times if we have more than one lb blitz. Middle linebacker needs to play zone, and abuse who ever catches the ball.

Double coverage with ben burney and daniel dykes if the reciever is getting zippy and hot.

9. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

CSU seemed to pass at will on us at times, ok all the time until they decided to run the ball 80 times in a row. I wouldn't be shocked to see ASU hang 45 on us. Its going to be a tough game. Wouldn't it be nice if we had last years defense with this years offense....

10. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

3rd down D has to be top priority. Until we can keep 3rd down conversions to 50% or less we continue to find ourselves up against it in the 4th quarter. We have to stop these long sustaining drives that allow our oppenents to maintain long times of possession.

11. Duff Man

Yep. The defense had many opportunities to end CSU drives yesterday and they couldn't do it. That has to change for this defense to get any better.