What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Again he tested negative the last day of contact with the team so we really don’t know what is happening.
I mean, I think we know the contact tracing determined those 5 players were close contacts and therefore have to follow the quarantine protocols of 14 days regardless of how many times they test negative. This was the whole issue of how it would depend on LA County judging the contact tracing and the fact he was negative through Saturday because it would knock out every person he had been in contact with for the 14 day quarantine period even if they all tested negative. This is why DTR and 8 other players couldn't play last week.

Last edited:
I mean, I think we know the contact tracing determined those 5 players were close contacts and therefore have to follow the LA County quarantine protocols of 14 days regardless of how many times they test negative. This was the whole issue of how it would depend on LA County judging the contact tracing and the fact he was negative through Saturday because it would knock out every person he had been in contact with for the 14 day quarantine period even if they all tested negative. This is why DTR and 8 other players couldn't play last week.
I think it could go a few different ways. Contact (including antigen testing which is supposed to show if a player was contagious even if infected) day of a negative test might not be as important as you think. For example the nfl requires something like two negative tests 5 days after contact in order to play. It is smart for them to get those close contacts away for a little while to be safe. All I said is they could potentially be available on Friday/Saturday after almost a full week and negative tests. I think where they will run into problems is “what did the players do on Sunday, their off day!” And “who are the players roomates?” That could complicate a lot.

Again he tested negative the last day of contact with the team so we really don’t know what is happening.
What does this mean? Their press release said 5 are in quarantine. They must stay there for 14 days. The P12 guidelines are clear on this matter.

I think it could go a few different ways. Contact (including antigen testing which is supposed to show if a player was contagious even if infected) day of a negative test might not be as important as you think. For example the nfl requires something like two negative tests 5 days after contact in order to play. It is smart for them to get those close contacts away for a little while to be safe. All I said is they could potentially be available on Friday/Saturday after almost a full week and negative tests. I think where they will run into problems is “what did the players do on Sunday, their off day!” And “who are the players roomates?” That could complicate a lot.
You cannot test out of quarantine in the P12. You must stay there 14 days.

What does this mean? Their press release said 5 are in quarantine. They must stay there for 14 days. The P12 guidelines are clear on this matter.
5 can be in quarantine for precautionary purposes. The question is does contact with someone who tested negative mean someone has to be out for 2 weeks. I wouldn’t think so. It would be a completely different story if his test came back positive from Saturday but right now there is a huge grey area. People are thinking in terms of normal citizens in this instance. These players are tested everyday so it is different than hey I tested positive and I saw you last weekend so quarantine.

5 can be in quarantine for precautionary purposes. The question is does contact with someone who tested negative mean someone has to be out for 2 weeks. I wouldn’t think so. It would be a completely different story if his test came back positive from Saturday but right now there is a huge grey area. People are thinking in terms of normal citizens in this instance. These players are tested everyday so it is different than hey I tested positive and I saw you last weekend so quarantine.
The player tested positive and is symptomatic. He has CV. A second player tested positive as well. Five players were determined to be close contacts. They entered quarantine. They are there for 14 days per P12 rules. This is clear. NO ambiguity at this point.

My reading is also that all 7 USC players are out for the CU game (2 positive and 5 contact traced).
make it so patrick stewart GIF

Yes, but the downside is if you get another positive tomorrow, and that person contact traces for another five, then you might not have 53 scholarship players available and the game gets cancelled. We do not want to see any more positive tests (which goes without saying, regardless of the sport). Keep your fingers crossed.

Yes, but the downside is if you get another positive tomorrow, and that person contact traces for another five, then you might not have 53 scholarship players available and the game gets cancelled. We do not want to see any more positive tests (which goes without saying, regardless of the sport). Keep your fingers crossed.
Under the P12 rules, can U$C still suit up even with fewer than the 53? Mississippi State opted to play last weekend even with a limited team.

The player tested positive and is symptomatic. He has CV. A second player tested positive as well. Five players were determined to be close contacts. They entered quarantine. They are there for 14 days per P12 rules. This is clear. NO ambiguity at this point.
Yes but he tested positive on Monday, not on Saturday which was their last point of contact. A good example is tonight Tad said Schwartz could possibly be back playing Friday night after a potential contact. Players are sent home all the time to be cautious, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are out two weeks.

Yes but he tested positive on Monday, not on Saturday which was their last point of contact. A good example is tonight Tad said Schwartz could possibly be back playing Friday night after a potential contact. Players are sent home all the time to be cautious, that doesn’t necessarily mean they are out two weeks.
please god let schwartz be back. Maddox is gonna give Cubuffs basketball twitter an ulcer.

If you are identified through contact tracing by the LA County, as these 5 players were, then you have to quarantine for 14 days. You can't test out of contact tracing, this is the same issue Cal and UCLA have dealt with. This isn't some sort of precaution, Schwartz was only potentially exposed, not identified through contact tracing.

If you are identified through contact tracing by the LA County, as these 5 players were, then you have to quarantine for 14 days. You can't test out of contact tracing, this is the same issue Cal and UCLA have dealt with. This isn't some sort of precaution, Schwartz was only potentially exposed, not identified through contact tracing.
These players can be potentially exposed as well though too, because the player tested negative the day of contact. If not most of the tram would be out because they were traveling/playing together last weekend. Right now the question is if those players were really exposed because the testing says they weren’t, that’s the whole point of the antigen testing and nose swabs on gameday. Programs and teams take measures to mitigate risk and that is why those 5 players are kept away from the team right now.

Aren’t the P12 rules kind of irrelevant? Doesn’t it matter that California’s are more rigorous?

Even if they have 53 players, another concern is if a whole position group gets wiped out by contact tracing

Seems we are set to play? Probably get some help with them not practicing and having players out with Covid

Back