What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC need to be day

I don’t understand why even a 7 pm game would make you miss a 1 am flight?
You have never been to LAX, I assume.

1622184_1280x720.jpg

Agree with DBT. A 7pm kickoff will be manageable even at LAX.

And yes, I lived in LA for 9 years and traveled weekly thru that nastiness. Saturday night will be a cake walk.

Agree with DBT. A 7pm kickoff will be manageable even at LAX.
Game ends at 11:00. Assuming you parked a rental car, 30 minutes to get out of coliseum parking lot. Drive to rental car return, 30 minutes. Take van to Terminal, 20 minutes. Arrive at Terminal at 12:20....better hope there is no line at security.

Could work. Lots of stress involved.

Returning a rental car needs to NOT be part of the equation.

Normally I’d agree. But I had Budget and not only was I able to get my car in 5 minutes (they gave me fast pass VIP?) during a massive line. When I returned it, it took longer to take my luggage out than it did to have the girl accept it back. All in all it was a 10-15 minute detour including the shuttle back.

Wouldn't an Uber/Lyft be just about break even once gas and parking were added in?

I don’t see the fuss. If it did start at 7pm, stadium would empty out around 10pm. Plenty of time to get to LAX.

Arizona v Utah is the 7pm (Pacific) game.
Oregon v Washington is that weekend...college game day??? That would be about 5pm (Pacific)
UCLA v Cal is that weekend...I see that being a night game for some reason.
Ergo, I see this game being an afternoon game
No chance that UO vs WASH is going to be on Gameday, most likely would be UGA vs. LSU.

Arizona v Utah is the 7pm (Pacific) game.
Oregon v Washington is that weekend...college game day??? That would be about 5pm (Pacific)
UCLA v Cal is that weekend...I see that being a night game for some reason.
Ergo, I see this game being an afternoon game

Gameday will almost assuredly be at Georgia-LSU that day. We'll be at night for sure.

I love the optimism that the game will be 3 hours. Between commercials and first downs, a 7pm start has you out of there around 11:15-11-30pm. Then you get to fight the lot traffic and the traffic to LAX. Unless it is a midday or early-evening game, you’re unlikely to stay the full game and make your flight.

If you go the Uber/Lyft route, please send picks of yourself hauling a clear suitcase around the coliseum.
I was thinking this one through. I'd have the Uber stop at the Marriott or Sheraton near the airport and leave them with a bellman. Then have the Uber swing by and grab them for a $10 tip on the way back.

I think the only reasonable course of action is to steal a cell phone off a USC fan and use it to call a bomb threat into the airport to delay the flight.
I bet he’s already thought of that.

If you go the Uber/Lyft route, please send picks of yourself hauling a clear suitcase around the coliseum.

Not taking a suitcase. Flying out Friday night with nothing. I’m an easy traveler. Also transportation provided by my brother who lives there

Also you guys think I’m cheap, but we make day trips out to LA sometimes. Wife is taking the youngest boy out for a day trip to the Beach in November. That’s why we fly Cheap Frontier flights out there.
Again, I’m not too worried, we will reschedule our flight if we have to. I think you guys don’t get my sarcasm in original post. It’s not the end of the world.

Also you guys think I’m cheap, but we make day trips out to LA sometimes. Wife is taking the youngest boy out for a day trip to the Beach in November. That’s why we fly Cheap Frontier flights out there.
Again, I’m not too worried, we will reschedule our flight if we have to. I think you guys don’t get my sarcasm in original post. It’s not the end of the world.
I've become convinced that we will only win if you don't change your flight. don't jinx us!

So it IS the end of the world.

Back