What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ussery has left the team

I wouldn't worry about it much. Alferd likes to ride a high horse when it comes to the players, and loves to act all butthurt whenever anyone says ANYTHING that could possibly be seen as disparaging toward any of them...even if you do have direct first hand information that a kid is/was a prick.

Okay. Wow.

I have direct firsthand information that Terderma Ussery is a good person and well liked by the team. Sorry if you find my defending him annoying.

Out.

Everyone in the world has people who like them and people who don't. It isn't odd to have someone think a kid is a jerk and someone else to think he's a good kid. That's life.

Everyone in the world has people who like them and people who don't. It isn't odd to have someone think a kid is a jerk and someone else to think he's a good kid. That's life.

you are a ****ing jerk.

I tend to argree more with Alferd in general principle on this issue. We all know that when you have +/- 100 young men from all over the country in one place some of them are going to be jerks, some of them are going to be moraly questionable, some are going to have other character flaws, this is unavoidable. All of them have come here however to wear the Buffs uniform and represent the university on the football field.

Some are going to turn out to be stars, some are going to make solid contributions, some are going to dissapoint us and themselves, thats how it works out. Unless they do something to truly embarass themselves and the university then we should lay off them. Even if we have met them and they have made a bad impression on us we don't really know them and what they are about. I will guarantee that when I was in college a lot of people probably got the impression that I was a real A**hole and sometimes they were probably right.

That all said most times we would be better off not to say anything if we can't say something good about a guy personally. This doesn't mean we can't criticize a guys play on the field or comment on actions that put the team in a bad light like arrest or other negative public actions. It does mean that if we personally don't like somebody we are best to keep our comments to ourselves.

He left because he's a 4 star at cu. More times than not, they don't pan out here. Good luck to him.

Sounds like he kept the coaches informed, took some time to make a thoughtful decision, and decided to go a different direction. Can't argue with that.

Ah faaaacccckkk it w/e will be will be. All us side-liners no jack and what must be done will be done. That being said I am scared as hell about who gets hired. If they screw up CU truly will become awful and irrelevant for ages to come.

Back