1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB has asst coach opening

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by BeBe, Mar 20, 2014.

1. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Yet again! Kritza seems to have trouble keeping her assistant coaches. Campbell was only on staff here at CU for 1 season. You need staff continuity to build the relationships necessary to high level recruiting and this turnover has to hurt. Most top VB players are committing as juniors and even some as sophomores.
    http://goaztecs.cstv.com/sports/w-volley/spec-rel/031914aaa.html

2. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

How do you lose an assistant to the same position at San Diego State? It would be understandable if she went to a better program, but SDSU?

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

There has been way too much turnover.

That said, I have heard some things with scouting (an assistant coach function) that leads me to believe that some staff turnover wouldn't be the worst thing.

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

The only thing I can think of is that she was expecting CU to move faster on adding sand volleyball, expecting that she would be put in charge of the sand team, and that has not happened. A school like SDSU might be in position to make that happen for her. She does have a background in that part of the sport.