1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas Line for CSU

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by LV Buff, Aug 22, 2008.

1. LV Buff

LV Buff New Member

Buffs favored 11.5 to 12 depending on the location. Sounds about right.

2. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

While I do not bet on CU games, I think the line is a bit high of Vegas is tryng to even the action. I'm sure alot of CSU folks will jump all over 12 points.

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

that's about right where i expected it.....but as much as I think the Buffs will beat them by more, i couldn't throw money on those odds since this game has been so tight every year recently

4. LV Buff

LV Buff New Member

You never want to bet on the Buffs. the off chance that they lose and don't cover that only makes the pain that much worse..........

5. Rraalph 3000

i feel ya....i heard from my buddy who bets on sports like it's his job (it's not) that there's a early line for the CU vs. WVU at 15 points to WVU....don't know if it's true, but if so I would definately bet on that!

6. LV Buff

LV Buff New Member

giving us 15 at home on a thursday night. i'd take that in a heartbeat that number will come down for sure after our 1st two games.

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I just don't see them being able to hang with us. New coach & less talant = blowout

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

When's the last time the Buffs covered in this game? 2001?

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

So you're saying that we're (over) due? Bet the farm.

10. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, but using that logic we should have covered by now.

I remember the 2004 game, after all the rape-scandal stuff.. I thought for sure we would come out and just smoke these clowns.. And we did get off to a 14-0 or maybe it might have been a 17-0 lead to only win the game because Sonny Lubick was a dumbass.. And that game was in Boulder!!

I wouldn't be comfortable laying points on the Buffs in this game..

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

As any safe harbor statement will tell you, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

What makes the spread attractive this time around is that CSU is bringing in a new coach. Farris is no Heinie, and QB is a big question. So is the Ram WR situation. The CSU defense doesn't match-up well against CU's run game or the pass. The Rams have a lot of jelling before they can match the Buff's chemistry.

Sperry was damn good last year. But he's only as good as his QB's ability to get him the ball.

This year's CSU team reminds me of the CU team that Hawkins fielded against Montana State in his first year. The Ram cabinet is bare and the learning curve is steep.

12. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Yeah... except for way, way worse. Although I try never to bet double-digit lines, this would seem to be as safe of a bet as any if Hawkins has his horses ready.

But... what do I know? I'm no Irv or Joe...

Has the line moved at all?

13. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

This. I remember a Missou game where I bet on the Buffs and they didn't cover, and... Well, I don't remember the rest of that night in vegas.

Oh, and I don't like double digit lines either. You can almost always count on a soft score on the third string defense to screw you.

14. Rraalph 3000

best betting moment I had on the Buffs....the Clemson bowl game 2.5 years ago...line was 10...Clemson scores a TD with a minute left to go up 9 points....I'm in Caesars with about 50 guys who bet on Clemson seeing that the Buffs got slaughtered 70-3 in their last game....and we block the PAT...I stand up in the lounge with all my CU gear on and laugh my ass off at all the pissed off Clemsonites....and cashed in for 100 bucks! :smile2:

15. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Lol, I remember being at that game in the Citrus bowl and hearing the audible groan from the crowd after that blocked PAT.

16. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

yet we still lost what matters, the game.:sad2:

17. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I read that csu's long snapper is a first timer to go along with a new PK and P. I smell a blocked punt or two coming.

18. Rraalph 3000

very true...but that was just my best betting moment for CU...i was still pissed we lost...but the Benjamin helped in my persuit to have a few drinks to forget the outcome!

19. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I wonder if Cody has been licking his chops with that great secondary csu looks to have?

20. LV Buff

LV Buff New Member

Some money is coming in for CSU. Line moved down to 11. first game of the year is always a really tough bet. No one really knows what to expect. I still think we should cover.

21. yarmy

yarmy Guest

We covered last year. CU -2

They had spreads out for the WVU game last week. WVU -6.5

Texas as well. Texas -4.5

Saw Nebraska too. NU-6