What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Vibes

vinniew_11

What is the vibe for this team this year? With FB doing its thing, I have not been paying much attention. With attrition and new additions, what kind of team are we?

What is the vibe for this team this year? With FB doing its thing, I have not been paying much attention. With attrition and new additions, what kind of team are we?

Good enough that they feel very disrespected that the media picked them 5th in the Pac-12.

I'll give a sense of my vibes. I haven't seen the team play at all this year, just read about expectations via the interwebs. Season ticket holder for the past 4 years.

I've never been more excited for a Buffs basketball season. Sad to see Josh Scott go. But this team is composed of assassins throughout the roster. George King plays like he is the best player on the court, and his 3pt percentage backs it up. I had a friend who did sports broadcast journalism down in the Springs. Derrick White is the real deal. It's one thing to be immensely talented, which White is. It's quite another to be immensely talented and be overlooked by every D1 program in the country. He has something to prove. Speaking of something to prove, from everything I've heard XJ is back close to full athleticism. And he wants the country to know that he deserves a pay check after this year.

Wes Gordon was overlooked while Scott was here, but he is fully capable of dominating the post for a D1 team. I've met his family at the Dark Horse before games. They are a proud group and they are ready for Wes to have the season he is capable of.

The Freshman are hungry, and instinctively understand that defensive prowess is their key to court time. Quite the unusual group but I expect them to make their presence known this season.

Josh Fortune has one last chance at college basketball stardom, and I expect him to make the most of it. He needs to minimize negative plays and be the 3pt/defensive rebounding machine we all know he is capable of.

Others have spoke of this (@Goose, @Buffnik), but the key to this season lies in the hands of the two young men who run the point. I really hope this is the year that things click for Dom. He has the tools, but he needs to achieve that supreme confidence on the court. He needs to understand that he has the quickness to stay in front of his man without fouling. He needs to believe that he can attack the basket, under control, and find the open man when the time presents itself. Watch his development closely in the early games. If the lightbulb clicks by the time the Buffs play in Brooklyn, then this will be a special year. AK will provide a solid presence off the bench. His time in Europe makes him a steady hand who is ready to provide a spark should Dom falter. He will have opportunities to make contributions that win or lose us games.

Buckle up fellow Buffs fans. This has been a fun football season, but The Rise is well under way with the basketball program. The past few years could be described as a Plateau. The basketball team has proven they can make the dance. But this is the team that can finish in the top four of the conference and make it out of the first round of the tournament. This isn't The Rise, it's The Summit.

The Basketball program this year should make an all out push for the summit. There is no reason to hold back, we have 4 fifth year seniors. Push for that summit (PAC-12 championship) and hold nothing back. Tad Boyle is going to hate me for typing this, but anything less than a historic year by CU standards would be a failure. We need to break the season record for wins in a year or make the sweet sixteen or win a PAC-12 championship. I would prefer all 3, but any one of those would be considered a success. This is the most talented team that CU has ever put on a court.

With all of that hyperbole I feel the need to level expectations a bit. There is much uncertainty at play, players get injured, things happen that can't be predicted. But if you want to know what the vibe is around the program, this is the vibe I am getting. This is a rare opportunity and Buffs fans would be wise to recognize the importance of this moment and throw the proper support behind this team to help carry them to the summit.

I've got some pretty groovy vibes, man. I agree with nik. These guys will have a chip the size of a 2x4 on their shoulders. I flipped through the media day special and CU got zero respect. I take that back. McClean said he'd flop Cal and CU. None of CU's players received any run.

I'll give a sense of my vibes. I haven't seen the team play at all this year, just read about expectations via the interwebs. Season ticket holder for the past 4 years.

I've never been more excited for a Buffs basketball season. Sad to see Josh Scott go. But this team is composed of assassins throughout the roster. George King plays like he is the best player on the court, and his 3pt percentage backs it up. I had a friend who did sports broadcast journalism down in the Springs. Derrick White is the real deal. It's one thing to be immensely talented, which White is. It's quite another to be immensely talented and be overlooked by every D1 program in the country. He has something to prove. Speaking of something to prove, from everything I've heard XJ is back close to full athleticism. And he wants the country to know that he deserves a pay check after this year.

Wes Gordon was overlooked while Scott was here, but he is fully capable of dominating the post for a D1 team. I've met his family at the Dark Horse before games. They are a proud group and they are ready for Wes to have the season he is capable of.

The Freshman are hungry, and instinctively understand that defensive prowess is their key to court time. Quite the unusual group but I expect them to make their presence known this season.

Josh Fortune has one last chance at college basketball stardom, and I expect him to make the most of it. He needs to minimize negative plays and be the 3pt/defensive rebounding machine we all know he is capable of.

Others have spoke of this (@Goose, @Buffnik), but the key to this season lies in the hands of the two young men who run the point. I really hope this is the year that things click for Dom. He has the tools, but he needs to achieve that supreme confidence on the court. He needs to understand that he has the quickness to stay in front of his man without fouling. He needs to believe that he can attack the basket, under control, and find the open man when the time presents itself. Watch his development closely in the early games. If the lightbulb clicks by the time the Buffs play in Brooklyn, then this will be a special year. AK will provide a solid presence off the bench. His time in Europe makes him a steady hand who is ready to provide a spark should Dom falter. He will have opportunities to make contributions that win or lose us games.

Buckle up fellow Buffs fans. This has been a fun football season, but The Rise is well under way with the basketball program. The past few years could be described as a Plateau. The basketball team has proven they can make the dance. But this is the team that can finish in the top four of the conference and make it out of the first round of the tournament. This isn't The Rise, it's The Summit.

The Basketball program this year should make an all out push for the summit. There is no reason to hold back, we have 4 fifth year seniors. Push for that summit (PAC-12 championship) and hold nothing back. Tad Boyle is going to hate me for typing this, but anything less than a historic year by CU standards would be a failure. We need to break the season record for wins in a year or make the sweet sixteen or win a PAC-12 championship. I would prefer all 3, but any one of those would be considered a success. This is the most talented team that CU has ever put on a court.

With all of that hyperbole I feel the need to level expectations a bit. There is much uncertainty at play, players get injured, things happen that can't be predicted. But if you want to know what the vibe is around the program, this is the vibe I am getting. This is a rare opportunity and Buffs fans would be wise to recognize the importance of this moment and throw the proper support behind this team to help carry them to the summit.
Eloquently stated. Hopefully team stays healthy and crowd support takes team to that Summit. No empty seats in Coors

This team isn't going to be a decent team, they're not going to be a good team, they're not going to be a team that is ok with making the NCAA tourney. Nope, this is going to be a very, very good team that WILL finish higher than at least two teams picked above them in the pre season conference standings and will be playing in the conference championship game and will win at least two tournament games....and the best part of it all is, the team has at least those same expectations for themselves and is pissed that no one nationally sees it.

I repeat: THER ARE NO STIFFS ON THIS TEAM! (Not even sure they will RS Walton, he is that talented; lacking only about 25 lbs.)

Top to bottom, one of the most athletic groups of basketball players Tad has coached. Tad has also adjusted his thinking defensively and appears to have grown as a coach. Fans shouldn't have to worry when he replaces a hot 3 pt. shooter with another equally capable 3 pt. shooter. XJ just looks beastly and Miller is a force with his slimmer frame. Those two freshman stretch players just add a similar dimension, as does Siewert in the middle. YAZ has had another year's experience and hopefully Dom has built his confidence up, in an amount equal to his weight.

This team could well be another Villanova, not a bunch of "one and done" type talent, but a collection of talented, experienced and savvy players.

At about 1:50, Adam asks Tad about Derrick White. His expression and reaction say it all. I'm now officially sold on DW being The Truth. My expectations have beenot revised further upward.

He needs to understand that he has the quickness to stay in front of his man without fouling.

If Dom has developed the lateral quickness to do this then we will be much improved at the 1. Sounds like there will be nice competition here between DW, AK, and Dom.

Back