1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victory!!

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by absinthe, Feb 17, 2010.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Even though it was a squeaker of a win, it was a win none-the-less; so I thought I'd start a more positive sounding thread on it.

Especially nice to see the kids pull it out after it looked for sure like we are going to give this game away.

Congrats to Nate too for coming through in the clutch, he's had a tough year and times and it is good to see him progressing.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Nice way to go into Allen Fieldhouse.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Still think we can get to six conference wins, which would be a nice step forward for this team. Just got to protect the home court and break that daunting road losing streak.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Marcus "Fat Tuesday" Relphorde is one hell of an important player to this team. He's the only athletic layer we have in the paint. And he had a damn good game today.

5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

relphorde - 13 points 10 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals

hell of a game.

6. Darth Snow

especially considering where I saw him and the state he was in last night!!

7. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

haha, where was he partying at?

8. Darth Snow

In the interest of Fat tuesday's privacy, I will PM you. :smile2:

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Getting to 6 league wins would mean a .500 finish. That would be a huge step for this program, especially when you add in the number of close losses to teams like KU, Gonzaga and Arizona. The key to getting there is going to be getting a road win, probably at UNL (Columbia is a longshot and Lawrence flat out ain't gonna happen...). They've got a very decent shot at taking ISU and Tech in Boulder. That last game against Tech could be huge. They've still got home games left against KjSU, Texass and Baylor and a road game at UNL before that game, and right now they're only 1 game ahead of CU. If the Buffs can beat them that last game, they've got a decent shot at catching Tech and getting into the 8 or 9 spot in the conference. Which could be the difference between starting the tourney against Tech or OU and starting the tourney against Okie State or Texass.... :huh:

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I don't think it was a squeaker, we led for the entire second half and the closets they got was 5 during the stretch. We didn't dominate them from start to finish, due to some lapses, but it wasn't as close as you make it sound.