1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volleyball Moves Up to 19th In AVCA Poll

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Nov 17, 2014.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Volleyball

CU recorded a weekend sweep of then-No. 2 Washington and Washington State to move up three spots to 19th in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches Poll.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

"
    LEXINGTON, Ky. — The University of Colorado recorded a weekend sweep of then-No. 2 Washington and Washington State to move up three spots to 19th, its highest ranking since 1999, in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches Poll.

CU is one of a record-setting nine Pac-12 Conference teams ranked in the poll this week. Stanford tops the rankings, followed by Washington (fifth), Arizona (13th), Oregon (14th), UCLA (17th), Arizona State (22nd), Utah (23rd) and USC (25th). Oregon State is receiving votes again this week.
    "

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  2. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Congrats to the Buff volleyballers and their coaches. Hope they can keep on winning and keep on rising in the poll (although I hope they take a minute or two to just appreciate what they've ALREADY accomplished)!

3. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Very proud and happy for the Buffs.

I don't understand why Washington did not drop farther than they did after losing two matches. I do know the Pac 12 is the premiere volleyball conference.