1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volleyball recruiting rumor

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Buffnik, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Supposedly Kritza has secured a commitment from a Top 5 national prospect.

I heard this on BuffaloChips and a couple other places, but no one seems to know because none of the usual insiders follow volleyball.

We're losing no one from this year's team and that would add an immediate impact player.

Anyone have any info?

2. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

I'm at a loss.

Did you discover this site? Maxpreps Volleyball individual leaders

Without knowing which position is being considered, it's nearly impossible to guess who could be looked at.

You can sort the leaders by kills, assists, digs, hitting, aces and blocks, but I just don't know the sport well enough to understand what I'm looking at.

3. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Maybe not for 2011. There are 2 verbals for VB that I have heard of. One is a Colorado kid who is listed in the one VB ranking site I know of as in a group of "the next 150". They only rank the top 100 HS seniors. So that would put her somewhere between 101 and 250.... good but not top 5 caliber. The second verbal is a player from Puerto Rico. I could find very little info on her.

But CU VB already has 3 verbals for 2012. In the only ranking that I know of, 2 of the 3 were listed in the 2009 "Soph 79" i.e. the 79 best high school sophmore varsity volleyball players in the nation (those who completed their sophmore year last school year). And the third player is listed in the "highest honorable mention" which is the next best 66 players. That puts all 3 in the top 145 for the class of 2012 as of the end of their sophmore year. So one of these players could possibly be a very top prospect. I'm sure there are other ranking services, particularly those available only to coaches, that I know nothing about.

4. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Thanks, Bebe. I found some sites that wanted $29.95 annually to tell me who was ranked, but I wasn't willing to part with my gas money to drive to Kansas.:smile2:

5. Buffnik

Thanks, BeBe.

ymssra

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

From the little I follow, I'd say things are looking up. This years class was loaded with freshmen. Going to the Pac, I would think, would really help recruiting.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Two questions.

#1 -- is she 18?

#2 -- is she hot?

8. Buffnik

I'm embarrassed for you.

9. sparkybuffs

sparkybuffs New Member

I really like Kritza. She's a dynamic recruiter, and is slowly leading us back to a good place. They really hang in there with the best teams, and a huge amount of the key contributors are fresh/soph.