What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington Game --- Official Thread (8pm FS1)

Tough test, showed how far we have to go. This team will be bowling this year - but Mac has GOT to get some more recruiters in here at this stage of the rebuild.

I want to believe we will see some proactive changes in that regard, but I doubt it.

It's almost like the last three times cu has played a d1 school we've gotten absolutely curb stomped in humiliating fashion. But I must be a troll. Lol.
No you're just incredibly negative! You can't wave a magic wand and just start beating teams like Washington. A year and a half ago they finished 3-10

@8Jah We wouldn't be able to field a defense without Gamboa? That's crazy.

You wouldn't have a field captain. I am sure that doesn't mean anything to you.

Take Gamboa away and see what happens. I hope to God it doesn't happen, but if it does let's remember this little conversation.

Still feels like we are looking for a statement win for this program. It would have been Oregon last if not for their debacle of a season, even OSU beat them.

Regarding UW, better coached, more talented team won. I think Mac has done a good/great job getting us to win PAC 12 games, even compete for division titles. The next step will be tougher.

Montez is young and still relatively inexperienced. These days will happen. I thought he ran with more authority today. UW played him like a fiddle. I think he'll be a solid qb for us. Expecting him to be good at so young, just not realistic. He doesn't have a blue chip pedigree so we're going to feel these learning curve days, probably with an L in the win/loss column.

Trenches have to get bigger and front seven more athletic. UW brings SEC mentality to the trenches. CU needs to aspire to do it more like that.

I want to believe we will see some proactive changes in that regard, but I doubt it.

Mac has been frustratingly slow in some of these moves... I don't know if it is just being overly cautious or trying to make sure the foundation is legit, but there are upgrades to be made, and he needs to pull this trigger after thanksgiving.

my buddy who is all for UW noticed that no one on the CU offense was helping up Montez when he got jacked around toward the end of the game... asked me what that was about. I didn't have a good answer.

I think it is because he is not showing full leadership, rather he is too cocky and needs to grow up. Not picking his ass up tells him to grow up and own your mistakes.

This game will help him grow up. I believe in Montez. He is a talent. If Lindgren is such a great QB coach, then he needs to earn his pay this week. Montez makes unreal plays, and then makes freshman type mistakes. Technically he is a first year starter and has two more full years of starting after this year. He will get better every day, and he will need to learn these lessons now to make him better. I am happy that he will be our experienced QB for the two Fuskers games.

You wouldn't have a field captain. I am sure that doesn't mean anything to you.

Take Gamboa away and see what happens. I hope to God it doesn't happen, but if it does let's remember this little conversation.

He's not in any danger of losing his job, so you can sleep well.

But you really are not paying attention if you do not see his liabilities. We are susceptible to stretch runs from here on out because he is really slow.

Oregon loses, they are not as good as many thought. They have a lot to work on. Arizona State is also not that good.

Thankfully, there aren’t a whole lot of Pac12 defenses as disciplined as Washington. I am worried about @Utah after this performance because that’s a team who will let us make mistake after mistake and we likely need that game for win #8.

Lol’d at someone suggesting we only win 1 more game this season but I also think this loss was pretty eye opening. QB play looks like an adventure game to game when I hoped it’d be a strength.

I’m not prepared to lose to trash UCLA so please don’t let this happen.

He's not in any danger of losing his job, so you can sleep well.

But you really are not paying attention if you do not see his liabilities. We are susceptible to stretch runs from here on out because he is really slow.

Jones and Landman are likely far superior athletes. It is a matter of having a really smart coach type player on the field that is less athletic but knows what is going on. Landman and Jones need to make rapid improvements in the film room and above the shoulders and then maybe they take some playing time away. As crazy as it sounds, we are more built as a roster to play the 4-3 than the 3-4???

Does this team have the leaders to forget this one, move on and go to ucla and get it done or will this game linger in their heads?

UCLA defense is awful but our offense is mediocre up to this point.

Great question, and I hate UCLA and so happy to see UCLA losing.

WTH? Gaskin is probably better than Lindsey, but who else in the Pac12 is better?

Relax, I am a huge PL fan, but
PAC 12 RB order:
1. Robert Jones
2. Royce Freeman
3. Bryce Love
4. Myles Gaskin
5. Phillip Lindsay (however, his receiving makes him potentially more valuable than Gaskin and Love)

[QUOTEsee="14er, post: 2289356, member: 1789"]El Pick6oh.[/QUOTE]

He is far from the only QB who does that. Seems like some guy called Sefo threw a few.

He is making the mistakes of a you raw QB who hasn't had the coachig and experience.

I love Lindsey but you can't be serious... Love from Stanford and the two guys in USC, at least.

Put Lindsey behind USC or Stanford's OL and see what he would do. Put any of those players behind our line and they won't do what Lindsey has done over his career.

I'm actually Okay with tonight's performance since my expectation has always been going to the bowl this year. I think we can definitely do that. Just hope the performance tonight won't ruin our big recruiting weekend.

[QUOTEsee="14er, post: 2289356, member: 1789"]El Pick6oh.

He is far from the only QB who does that. Seems like some guy called Sefo threw a few.

He is making the mistakes of a you raw QB who hasn't had the coachig and experience.[/QUOTE]

There is a future NFL guy named TANNER LEE about 500 miles to the east that throws Pick Sixes on a daily basis like taking a morning deuce

Put Lindsey behind USC or Stanford's OL and see what he would do. Put any of those players behind our line and they won't do what Lindsey has done over his career.

You don't need OL to see a guy's strength, burst and top speed.

Nine new defensive starters & Steven, etc found out tonite you cant have three turnovers and a blocked punt against a final four team.
The blocked punt would've never happened if Montez showed more awareness and dove instead of slides. Hopefully he grows and learns from this game

Back