What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington St Preview: The Cougars are here, and they brought a flag.

RSSBot

News Junkie
Better late than never, right?* Interestingly enough, I think this version is better than the one that was deleted.* Second passes seem to always garner better results.* Go figure.

Washington St seems to operate in some sort of cone-of-silence; far removed from the center of the Pac-12 universe, and situated on the far eastern edge of the state, the Cougars seem to be afterthought in conference goings-ons.* Hell, outside of the annual Apple Cup game with UW-Seattle, I never hear much from these guys... except when ESPN's College Gameday comes on, of course.

For years, all you would have to do is turn on Gameday to be exposed to the dedicated WSU fanbase.* Invariably, a Washington St flag would be situated somewhere behind the head of CU alum Chris Fowler, begging you to ponder the question, "Why Washington St?"

It's a testament to the dedication and passion of a fanbase that is largely forgotten in the national landscape.* The tradition, started by WSU alum Tom Pounds, is now a ubiquitous part of Saturday mornings, and really is all WSU has a reputation for.* I suppose if it was a group of Alabama or the Ohio State fans, members of a large, and douchey fan base, I'd find the tradition annoying.* But since it's representing a relative BCS minnow like WSU, I find it kind of cool.

Good on ya, WSU fans!* You're doing yourselves and the rest of the Pac-12 proud.

--

CU will officially start the Pac-12 era against Washington St on Saturday afternoon.* Kick-off is set for 1:30.* If you're still hungover from attending the Great American Beer Festival, and can't find it within yourself to man-up and make it to Boulder, the game can be seen on FCS-Pacific.

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-8131203253294848351

xsxOWSzmbbY

More...

Back