What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington State @ CU 11/19 @ 1:30 PM on Fox Official PREGAME Thread

Wazzu away from home:

@ Boise State: Loss 31-28. Is Boise anything more than a mid-tier power conference team in terms of caliber? Doubt it.
@ ASU: 37-32. Presumably we'd have had a closer affair in Tempe as well, but that's hardly intimidating given our 40-19 win.
@ Stanford: 42-16. That's an impressive win, no way around it. However, we took care of business in Palo Alto ourselves while leaving points on the board.
@ Oregon State: 35-31 Wazzu looked like absolute **** trailing 21-0 and 24-6 at half until finally waking up in the second half and narrowly escaping a team we beat by 41 in Boulder

Aside from that, they had a similar dogfight with UCLA in Pullman, just as we did in Boulder. 27-21 win. Gabe Marks noted they're "kind of douchey". Kudos. I'll disregard their loss to FCS Eastern Washington as surely they're a "different" team from the days of that opening debacle.

They're on a roll, no doubt, but there's nothing to fear there unless we let the hype get to our heads. Smashing a collapsing Oregon, Cal and Arizona in Pullman isn't the same as a road game against a top 10 team. Is Wazzu good enough to go undefeated on the road in Pac12 play and post an 8-1 or 9-0 record?

CU is favored. Looks like bettors have been putting money on WSU.

It means the opposite. Bettors have been putting money on CU, vegas moving the line towards CU indicates they want WSU money.

maxresdefault.jpg

Explain to me how Wassu +4.5 is a better bet than Wassu +6.5?

They were pushing for Buff bets.
No. They wanted Wazzu bets. Giving more points to Wazzu means they want more people to bet on them. They were getting 4.5, the buffs were probably getting heavy public action giving those points moving it to Wazzu getting more points. It went to 6.5, as DBT mentioned its back to 6 so they probably got some sharp betters involved taking Wazzu getting almost a touchdown.

No. They wanted Wazzu bets. Giving more points to Wazzu means they want more people to bet on them. They were getting 4.5, the buffs were probably getting heavy public action giving those points moving it to Wazzu getting more points. It went to 6.5, as DBT mentioned its back to 6 so they probably got some sharp betters involved taking Wazzu getting almost a touchdown.
That's my point, Wassu +6.5 is a better bet than Wassu +4.5. If the score ends up Colorado 27-21, then the +6.5 bet wins. The way it was stated above made it sound like the line moved from CU -4.5 to CU -6.5, if that was the case, then Vegas was trying to make Wassu +points a more attractive bet.

That's my point, Wassu +6.5 is a better bet than Wassu +4.5. If the score ends up Colorado 27-21, then the +6.5 bet wins. The way it was stated above made it sound like the line moved from CU -4.5 to CU -6.5, if that was the case, then Vegas was trying to make Wassu +points a more attractive bet.

Wazzu +6.5 is the exact same line as CU -6.5. It's the same move. I am now done explaining how lines work as I am off to Folsom to drink beer.

Wazzu +6.5 is the exact same line as CU -6.5. It's the same move. I am now done explaining how lines work as I am off to Folsom to drink beer.
Wassu +6.5 is the opposite bet as CU -6.5 on the same line. I get it.

My question was how is Wassu +4.5 a better bet than Wassu +6.5?

Bet and line are different words for a legitimate reason, that being that they have different meanings.

Wassu +6.5 is the opposite bet as CU -6.5 on the same line. I get it.

My question was how is Wassu +4.5 a better bet than Wassu +6.5?

Bet and line are different words for a legitimate reason, that being that they have different meanings.
It's not - if a line moves, it's a reaction to the bets coming in. CU -4.5 must have looked attractive to bettors picking CU, so the line moved to CU -6.5 to entice more people to bet on Wazzu. Why is this so hard to understand?

CU -6.5 is more attractive for someone picking Wazzu than CU -4.5.

It's not - if a line moves, it's a reaction to the bets coming in. CU -4.5 must have looked attractive to bettors picking CU, so the line moved to CU -6.5 to entice more people to bet on Wazzu. Why is this so hard to understand?

We agree on why the line is moving the way it is. A bet and a line are two different things, that is all; have a nice day.

It's going to be a beautiful saturday for football. Can't wait to see the view when I drive over that hill.
We just flew in from Maryland. Had the camera out as we drove over the hill. Always brings me back 34 years when some crazy kids from VT in a beat up Saab pulling a U-Haul with drums, my GL-1000, and who knows what else, rolled into Willy Villy.

I'm well aware that we both understand this, I confused you by asking a question that gave a false premise to try and illustrate to whomever thought giving more points to Wassu indicated that early bets were on Wassu. Sorry for being a smartass and oblique in my method for asking that question.

We agree on why the line is moving the way it is. A bet and a line are two different things, that is all; have a nice day.
A quarterback and a goal post are different things too, but most people understand that without explanation.

Back