What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington State @ CU 11/19 @ 1:30 PM on Fox Official PREGAME Thread

@HDcoug
Regarding the early losses to Boise St and Eastern Michigan (or whomever it was), several of us (myself included)
consdiered WSU to be out of the race.
Now they are back in it, despite the two bad losses.

Does your local media ever talk about those two losses and how it can potentially ruin their post season chances, assuming
they win out and take the overall conference?

@HDcoug
Regarding the early losses to Boise St and Eastern Michigan (or whomever it was), several of us (myself included)

Does your local media ever talk about those two losses and how it can potentially ruin their post season chances, assuming

I have to assume that the those losses cap their ranking somewhere. No way does the committee put in a team with an FCS loss.

@HDcoug

We lost to To Eastern Washington, and BSU. Eastern is very good, but still FCS is FCS. They are currently ranked 2 in FCS with the only loss being in OT without their best player to NDSU who has won 5 straight NC's. We played that game without Luani who is the most important player on our D. The media talks about it a little, mostly the what if scenarios the fans have been through in our heads relentlessly, but ultimately you have to move on. Best thing for us is that none of that was in conference. I don't think anyone thought we had playoff potential pre season, and that means all our goals are still available including the Rose.

UCLA has a good defense

True, that is probably the best overall this far. I discount them a bit because their HC is a douche nozzle. They did pretty good against us, mostly because much like the ASU and OSU games we forgot to keep them honest with the run. I am hoping that with the second half of OSU forward we will no longer forget that....but...we will have to wait and see.

True, that is probably the best overall this far. I discount them a bit because their HC is a douche nozzle. They did pretty good against us, mostly because much like the ASU and OSU games we forgot to keep them honest with the run. I am hoping that with the second half of OSU forward we will no longer forget that....but...we will have to wait and see.

Trust us, your head coach is also a douche nozzle. We have many years of experience with Leach.

We lost to To Eastern Washington, and BSU. Eastern is very good, but still FCS is FCS. They are currently ranked 2 in FCS with the only loss being in OT without their best player to NDSU who has won 5 straight NC's. We played that game without Luani who is the most important player on our D. The media talks about it a little, mostly the what if scenarios the fans have been through in our heads relentlessly, but ultimately you have to move on. Best thing for us is that none of that was in conference. I don't think anyone thought we had playoff potential pre season, and that means all our goals are still available including the Rose.

We understand. In 2001, an early loss to Fresno freaking State kept us out of the BCS title game by .03 points or some ****.

We would have most likely gotten pummeled by Miami in that game anyway, but we try to forget that part.

Trust us, your head coach is also a douche nozzle. We have many years of experience with Leach.

True, but anyone who ****s with Craig James gets style points in my book.

Actually, I have kind of a quibble with the term 'douche nozzle' for him. I'd call him more of a tool.

Mora is a douche nozzle. Stoops is a douche nozzle. Urban Meyer is a gigantic douche nozzle. Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly were douche nozzles in college. Tom Osborne was the biggest douche nozzle of all time.

Guys like Leach and Harbaugh, they go down more as tools for me.

A different sort of douche nozzle, though. Pretty much all of us like Leach to be coaching in college football, particularly in our conference. He's been very entertaining over the years.

If we beat WSU, we will beat Utah. If we lose to WSU, we will lose to Utah.

My take as WSU guy on this board (been a while fella's, sup?). WSU is mainly more dangerous this year for two reasons,

1. They finally run the ball a bit. Williams, Wicks, and Morrow are all good back, with Williams being the more likely to make a dynamic play, and Wicks being the bulldozer. Morrow excels at catch and run. The way to beat WSU has been to get pressure with 3 and drop 8. The run threat has hurt teams that have done that this year.

2. We actually play D on the Palouse now! While statistically we are a middling D, that is up from being the worst in the conference. We turn teams over now, and Grinch (one of the better DC names IMHO) has them playing fast. We can be had, but for the most part they keep big plays in front of them and do a good job stripping the ball.

Feel free to ask questions, and I will attempt to answer. For the most part Coug fans are good folks that have felt the same pain the Buffs have....we can relate better than most. Great to see CU on the up tick. Looking forward to this game!

I was accepted to both CU and WSU and was debating which school to go to because WSU gave me a **** ton of financial aid. In the end I chose CU, but WSU nearly tipped the scales in their favor because they sent me a coupon for a free ice cream cone from the creamery with my admission letter. My question is, how good is this ice cream? Is it good enough that it should've altered a major life decision?

Fun advanced stats relevant to this game. http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...tball-2016-college-football-playoff#undefined

If you take out the first three weeks of the season and just use performances from weeks 4-11, CU is ranked #22. Washington State is ranked #31.

Overall CU is #14 in S&P, WSU is 43.

This is going to be a very close game. CU is playing well, but isn't elite. Despite WSU's torrid run, the analytics still think they are a step below CU even if you take out their FCS loss. I was worried our "slump" would show much worse #s, fyi.

This game is decided on how our defense plays. Luke Falk is the best QB in the Pac-12 IMO. If we pressure him and make him force bad throws I think we have a pretty good shot at winning Saturday.

Back