What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington

I think UW will play reasonably well, but won't win. They'll keep it within twins scores, IMO. They're good.

OTOH, this is their first playoff rodeo. These kids at Alabama have been to the playoffs every year. They'll be able to handle the distractions and hype a lot better. Big advantage, there.

I think UW has ZERO chance against Bama. They won't be able to run and Browning is a good QB but not great...a great QB (like Mariotta) plays well against good defenses. Bama will win by 3 scores.

Help me out - I just can not figure out how the hell uw ran the ball so well on us? this is really bothering me. I have not been able to bring myself to re watch the game on tv yet. I was at the game. Just do not understand how they managed that, after we held so many rushing teams to almost nothing all season. Schemes, size, talent, effort, ??

The OL for Washington was very good. Also, CU's tackling was below what we've seen most of the year. There were a lot of missed tackles after first contact. Part of that was that even when a defensive player got around the them, the Washington OL players did their best to disrupt the tackle. It may sound like sour grapes, but it seemed that they would block with good technique until the running back was even, then they would hold to prevent their man from moving laterally (or even away in some cases) to get the tackle.

Pretty sure Alabama is far and away the best team in CFB this year. They're just ****ing loaded. Half of their defense is 1st round draft picks.

I can see UW playing well (Browning vs CU better not appear) and keeping it semi close. They have to hope Bama makes some mistakes and UW can't.

Alabama could boat race them, they are far and away the best. UDub just has to be better for a few hours. I don't see it though.

Is everyone intimidated from what they did to Florida? Florida is awful this year and has one of the worst QB situations in the SEC, which is embarrassing.

Is everyone intimidated from what they did to Florida? Florida is awful this year and has one of the worst QB situations in the SEC, which is embarrassing.
Or what they did to USC. Or what they did to basically everybody else on their schedule.

They aren't flawless, but they are the closest thing in college football to it. I love the self-negotiating going on here trying to find a way where Bama could have trouble.

Or what they did to USC. Or what they did to basically everybody else on their schedule.

They aren't flawless, but they are the closest thing in college football to it. I love the self-negotiating going on here trying to find a way where Bama could have trouble.
Yes the USC win was very impressive but that was a completely different USC team and they went through a mediocre SEC this year. I think it's pretty clear where they would have trouble no matter how impressive Hurts has been for a freshman.

Honestly this reply is more about people trashing UW because we just lost to them. Bama beat a bad Florida team 54-16 and they are amazing but UW beats the number 8 team in the country 41-10 when their QB has an off game and they suck and are going to get stomped? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but okay.

Yes the USC win was very impressive but that was a completely different USC team and they went through a mediocre SEC this year. I think it's pretty clear where they would have trouble no matter how impressive Hurts has been for a freshman.

Honestly this reply is more about people trashing UW because we just lost to them. Bama beat a bad Florida team 54-16 and they are amazing but UW beats the number 8 team in the country 41-10 when their QB has an off game and they suck and are going to get stomped? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but okay.
I'm not sour toward UW really. I just saw a team that dominated up front, ran the ball down our throats, and capitalized on 3 bad turnovers for the win. They aren't going to push Bama's front 7 around like that and Browning doesn't provide enough of a dual threat to consistently hurt them.

I could see UW's defense keeping Bama's O in check for a while but ultimately, I don't think it will be enough.

Upsets happen and UW is physical enough to hold its own against Bama for three quarters. Think it is close for a bit, but Bama pulls away and ultimately wins by at least 14. Bama is essentially playing a home game in the same stadium it played in last week, which doesn't help UW's chances. This is obvious, but UW will need to capitalize on turnovers and/or special teams mistakes to win.

UW fans will probably surprise you, they have a good fanbase support wise (a lot of them are complete ass holes though) and they are loud as hell with all their damn barking chants haha.

I am a big UW fan in this game. I think they show better than most think. That Oline is legit. I know our dbs are good, but Browning is my biggest concern. He was not close to the best QB we played this year.

Looks like Alabama is a 16.5 point favorite in this game. I believe that is about right. UW can win if they get some breaks and play a complete game.

Looks like Alabama is a 16.5 point favorite in this game. I believe that is about right. UW can win if they get some breaks and play a complete game.

Three scores? Yeah. That seams about right. But it's impossible to really know without a nine thousand word analysis from that savant @Jalapeno chiming in first.

Alabama is better from top to bottom. If they don't step on their dick, they win pretty easily. It might be interesting for a bit but it won't last.

Back