1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch Coaches Hot Seat. com

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by lvbuff, Oct 4, 2008.

1. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Hawkins is safe for now...but if he continues with his son as starting QB he will be on hotseat. Any objective observer can see that Cody is not the one...just go to espn stats to make the comparison. But but but...the o-line is hurt...but the star runnning back is hurt....but he has only had 3 seasons...but he is bringing in great recruiting classes....stats don't lie. time to try someone--something different

2. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I don't know what to say.

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Try "you're a moron"

66BUFF and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

:lol:

5. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Cant say I disagree with you. It'll be interesting to see what transpires during and after the season.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Hawk on the Hot seat?:lol::lol: I'm as pissed off about the game as everybody else, but come on. CHILL THE PHUQ OUT. The sky is NOT falling, and the sun will rise tomorrow. GO BUFFS:gobuffs:

7. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

They can try other QBs, but I'm not sure there's anyone on the bench who would be considered an upgrade. We should at least give the backups some reps in a game situation to find out.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

we win 6 games and it'll be a long off-season of "what if's". 5 wins and there will be grumbling about the coordinators (possibly some staff moves) but i don't think he's anywhere near the hot seat for next year. or could be barring we lose out.

that said, (I think) we'll win 7 and play in the HOuston or Indy or Insight.com bowl.

9. buffwings

I think Bohn hired DH because of his attitude. Good for PR better with he media, and can sell the program. Things Barnett didnt do so well, and he got lazy with his recruiting.

I'm not convinced DH is the Offensive genius nor gameday coordinator we all thought he might be based on his BSU record. Seems like BSU is chugging along pretty well with Pederson.

I think he was a great hire and what the program needed at the time following GB. I'm not convinced he is a Mac type coach that can rebuild and win big. Time will tell, and I hope he proves all the naysayers wrong and gets us another MNC likes he continues to say he will. Nowadays people need to have more patience, myself included, as there are very few quick fixes for mid-level programs like CU. If KU and Mizzou can do it than CU can certainly return to 1989-1998 form.

Most of us should reserve judgement until the end of the season and even then really until another year.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Good thread. I laughed.

11. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

Any objective observer that watched the Spring game and fall practice knows that Cody was clearly the one. From everything I saw and read, Ballinger did nothing to step up and even make it a question who the number one QB was.
    I agree the stats aren't pretty but Texas Tech QBs always have great stats and what has that ever gotten them? Cody may not be the long term solution and the QB to get us to the next level, but he is they guy this year. This team will go as far as the o-line will take them and it has been patchwork at best.

12. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

There should be no talk of replacing Hawkins until at least year 5. Who do we think we are, Notre Dame?

13. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I kind of agree with everything that is being said here. Stats to tell a story, but not the whole story. Do we need to see some other QBs like Ballenger get some reps, of course we do. But Cody is clearly the best man for the job right now. We lost two games to two of the better teams in the country (and yes, FSU is much better than the press they are getting) and we are throwing in the towel on the unofficial leader of the team in Cody...that's kind of BS and very reactionary. You work them in practice and apply game time accordingly.

And lets get this straight...putting DH on the hot seat...even insinuating that he should be on the hot seat right now is a very ignorant perspective given the amount of time he has had, the league we play in, and the number of Freshmen we have. Think before you type.

14. Buffslax2

Buffslax2 Member

We are all now dumber for having opened this thread, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul

15. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

:yeahthat:

16. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

I agree with year 5. By year 5 he will have all players from his recruiting classes and the team will be loaded with 4th year juniors and 5th year seniors. If he cannot win then I will have doubts if he ever can.

17. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

If we were ND we'd be ranked at 3-2....:cool:

18. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Hawk is not on the hot seat... This community would be in a mass outrage if he were to leave--far beyond the irate fans when we're losing, or based on who the qb is.

19. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

Dan Hawkins is doing things the right way, and even though I think we will be competing for national championships in a few years, even if we top out at 7-5 or 8-4 then keeping Hawk would be alright with me, because he doesn't embarrass me as an alumnus and a taxpayer.

20. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

21. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

11-9 in his 3rd year?:wow::wtf:

22. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Math is hard.

23. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I wonder if all the people who were calling for Gary Pinkels head at Missouru 3 years ago are happy that the University didn't listen. Hawkins has the winning the right attitude I want to see in a Head Coach. Record be damn, he embodies everything I would hope a college coach brings to his position, beyond just wins and losses. I really hope people chill the F out and start having some reasonable patience. No doubt in my mind, given enough time (Pinkel is in year 8 after 5 mediocre years) that Hawkins will win this program more games than it loses, and at the same time bring in quality young boys and send them out with degrees as quality young men ready to contribute to society in a positive way.

24. buffwings

Kind of not listening when everyone wanted to fire Mac after 1-10, and thought the AD was crazy to give him an extension. That turned out OK.

25. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

Good points all around, and I agree with you about everything you said.

That said, can you imagine Hawk with weapons like a Maclin and a Daniel? :wow: