1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wave of the future?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Apr 19, 2008.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Six teams in the Big 12 -- Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas Tech and Oklahoma -- have either committed to or are experimenting with the no-huddle this spring.
    I like the no-huddle, it speeds up the game.:thumbsup:

2. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

for the most part, TTech and Mizzou ran no huddle, came to the line in their formation, let the defense line up, coaches saw the defense then signalled in the play and an audible.... then Harrell and Daniels made the decision at the line based on if the defense "shifted" or not....

3. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

KU did that too. I don't know why, but it really pissed me off when the QB would stand in the shotgun and then look over at the coaches to get the signal.

4. unbiasedtruth

ya it pisses me off three.... and it really doesn't speed up the game as it seems they still took 17-23 seconds from the 25 second play clock to snap the ball.... if you are going no huddle, get the play and snap the ball quick before the defense is set, or substitutions are made after the previous play due to down and yardage needed....

5. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I agree! I got tired of watching the QB looking at the sidelines as well. The point of the no huddle is to speed up the game and catch the defense off guard. It doesn't make sense if your standing there staring at the sidelines? :confused:

6. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Well if you tried to sub they would snap the ball and you would be caught with 12 or 13 players on the field and out of position. It takes as long as a "normal" play but the threat of a "hurry up" play being called keeps the defense from trying to sub.

7. unbiasedtruth

but in the case of the 2 mizzou games and TTech game i attened the players weren't set. If the ball was snapped their would be a penalty against the offense too, illegal procedure, illegal formation or some call along those lines...