What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way Too Early 2018 Season Prediction

Number of wins the Buffs will have in the 2018 regular season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 8 5.6%

Votes: 15 10.6%

Votes: 45 31.7%

Votes: 42 29.6%

Votes: 15 10.6%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
I said 8.

I think this season has the potential to be as good in the regular season as 2016 was.

Biggest questions are the OL coming together and whether all those returning guys on the defense make significant improvements.

I love the youth on the OL and I believe the talent is much better than last year's performance with a lot of defensive players (or guys simply didn't get enough reps over the upperclassmen who were playing). So I've got confidence that these things will come together.

Also, Montez taking the next step in his development. I believe that Roper's mentorship will be good for him.

5-6 wins. OL is, to put it generously, a huge question mark. Until the OL can dictate a game's direction against a P12 opponent, it is a hit and miss proposition, and 2 no hopers will be on the schedule.

Last edited:
12-0. And to those who already voted:
tenor.gif

LOL just kidding I went with six.

No reason to be that scared of our conference. With the major coaching changes that happened on our schedule and the fact that we return a good number of starters, 5-6 wins would be a disaster again and a clear indicator that MM isn’t cut out for a P5 program. I’m not that pessimistic yet. I went with 8 because I think our conference sucks (and I agree that it’s a serious problem that we’ve only been bowl eligible once in a sucky conference).

Love the schedule...fast start and then the Buffs finish the season strong. 10 wins.

I'll wait to see what happens with the oline. If they get a couple grad transfers, I agree that we could see a 2016 type season with this offense.

Nine. A year of experience and some major upgrades on the defensive side.

Offense is harder to call. Some young OL need to step up and RB is a big question. We could really use the JC transfer. QB should make a big step up.

I guess I have a hard time discerning the tone of your posts. I read it as 7 wins wouldn't be satisfactory to you, but would make the rest of us happy.

7 wins would be a solid season, but some people will act like it is a very good to great season because Allbuffs tends to grade on a very generous curve.

I picked 9 cuz why the fvck not. There is reason to hope...the lines are getting some depth and talent added and this year’s WRs are better than last years IMO. RB is the toughest slot to Phil...lol. Montez will be even better and the special teams were much improved in 2017.

7 wins would be a solid season, but some people will act like it is a very good to great season because Allbuffs tends to grade on a very generous curve.
7 wins would mean a successful season to me. Stabilized as a winning program with a lot returning for 2019. Lots of fun moments as a fan within 7 victories. Keeps recruiting on the right track.

But the only time a 7 win season is "great" is if your program has been complete dog**** and it's a major breakthrough.... In other words, how I would feel about 2017 if I was a UT fan. :p

Maybe I was right about your tone. You often lash out at the collective AllBuffs with an air of superiority. As if we are all too stupid to listen to Duff who knows all things.

It's just college football, man. There are many different levels of fandom and expectations across the spectrum. Just try and have fun with it and not be so bitter toward your fellow Buffs.

7 wins would mean a successful season to me. Stabilized as a winning program with a lot returning for 2019. Lots of fun moments as a fan within 7 victories. Keeps recruiting on the right track.

But the only time a 7 win season is "great" is if your program has been complete dog**** and it's a major breakthrough.... In other words, how I would feel about 2017 if I was a UT fan. :p
Is that 4 or 5 wins in conference?

I picked 6, but I think we end up looking better than a 6-6 team. I think we lose close games in the OOC and then start to pick off good teams in the regular season as our 2017 recruiting class starts to emerge and gain experience.

Will take a while for new RB and new OL to synch. That will make it hard to protect Montez. So I see O problems early. I think MM puts his heart into it this year.

I went with 11 as UW just looks to good. Every other game is winnable and I like to think positive. The realist in me says 7 or 8 wins though because we will find some way to screw up a few games.

Maybe I was right about your tone. You often lash out at the collective AllBuffs with an air of superiority. As if we are all too stupid to listen to Duff who knows all things.

It's just college football, man. There are many different levels of fandom and expectations across the spectrum. Just try and have fun with it and not be so bitter toward your fellow Buffs.

Sure.

Just as you and others tend to call out "negative" opinions and rarely offer up anything to do with the actual thread. Such is Allbuffs. One without the other would be exceedingly boring.

I went with 11 as UW just looks to good. Every other game is winnable and I like to think positive. The realist in me says 7 or 8 wins though because we will find some way to screw up a few games.

I agree. Almost every game is winnable. I might add USC on the road to the list of unwinnables though.

I put 7 wins.

Back