What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: #22 CU @ #18 UCLA (Friday, 9pm MT on PAC12N)

The worst game the Buffs have played this season. Roberson hasn't shown up since the Pac 12 started.

It was so frustrating listening to the Pac 12 announcers carrying on like the team is Chucky and Arielle. They did not do their homework as Arielle has played poorly since Pac 12 play started.

B Wil and Chucky cannot carry this team. The bench must produce and it did not last night. Their was not one facet of the game last night where the Buffs played well.

The worst game the Buffs have played this season. Roberson hasn't shown up since the Pac 12 started.

It was so frustrating listening to the Pac 12 announcers carrying on like the team is Chucky and Arielle. They did not do their homework as Arielle has played poorly since Pac 12 play started.

B Wil and Chucky cannot carry this team. The bench must produce and it did not last night. Their was not one facet of the game last night where the Buffs played well.

Arielle has a world of talent. What she has to figure out is how to develop a split personality. She's one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, but when she gets on the court she has to get nasty. That's the biggest thing I see that could take this team to the next level -- Arielle developing that mean streak.

Arielle has a world of talent. What she has to figure out is how to develop a split personality. She's one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, but when she gets on the court she has to get nasty. That's the biggest thing I see that could take this team to the next level -- Arielle developing that mean streak.

Agreed. She's extremely talented as a basketball player. She needs to get stronger as well as meaner. She reminds me of Kresl last year--like a deer in the headlights in Pac 12 play. Kresl had never played against that kind of talent before and it showed. I think the same is true of Roberson this season.

She'll figure it out by next season.

buffgal, bebe or whoever else might know:

Has there been any word on Lauren Huggins coming back? Having another player over 6 feet tall, especially one who can shoot the rock, would make a big impact for this squad.

Game is on P12-MTN. Also being broadcast on 840 (HD channel). :thumbsup:

buffgal, bebe or whoever else might know:

Has there been any word on Lauren Huggins coming back? Having another player over 6 feet tall, especially one who can shoot the rock, would make a big impact for this squad.

Lauren tweeted on Friday that she was "available", whatever that means. One of my friends said Lappe said she wants to play.

Confirm what Buffgal says about Lauren. Per the coaches, her last MRI was clear, showing that the stress fractures had healed. And that Lauren wants to play yet this season. She has tweeted that this weekend is her first time to take the court with her team since the injury.

She has been working on getting more consisteny on her shot. She was working on it shooting from a chair while out with the injury. But now she needs to get back into playing shape after being out for about 2 months. Since Lauren has aleady played in a couple of games prior to being out, she is not eligible to use a red shirt season this year. But, as it stands now (at least the way I understand the rules), if she does not play any more this season, she would be eligible to apply for a medical hardship waiver to get back the year of eligibility. But if she plays at all in the rest of the season, no medical waiver. So I'm sure the coaches want to make darn sure that she is physically ready to go before putting her in a game again.

I definitely agree that it would be nice to have her on the court again given both her height and her 3 point shooting abiity. She has a nice outside shot and that would really help to open up the court more for the rest of the offense. But only if she is healthy and in shape to be able to contribute.

Agreed. She's extremely talented as a basketball player. She needs to get stronger as well as meaner. She reminds me of Kresl last year--like a deer in the headlights in Pac 12 play. Kresl had never played against that kind of talent before and it showed. I think the same is true of Roberson this season.

She'll figure it out by next season.

Agreed that Arielle needs to get meaner and stronger, but I also feel that she is more of a wing than a post in the long run. I think we could see her starting at the 3 next season rather than the 4 as she does now. She is slight and quick and about 6-1 which is going to make it difficult for her against the physically tough post players she goes against in conference play.

She did have a nice offensive game today at USC.

Lauren's situation is really tough. Even if she is 100% she has to get in game shape and then the coaches would need to figure out how to work her into a game.

Arielle did have a nice offensive game at USC.

I'd hate to be in the coaches shoes regarding Lauren. Kids want to play. Is it in her best interest to play her this late in the season when she hasn't been practicing. Apparently, she was not fit enough to play early in the season. With two months of not practicing or running, etc., I would think it will be difficult to get her in game shape. While I like her shot, if she's not full speed, I'd rather sit her out the reason of the season and apply for the medical redshirt.

Back