1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WBB: Buffs at Long Beach State

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buffgal, Dec 6, 2015.

1. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

Buffs lost to the Beach 59-42. Only Lauren Huggins was in double figures with 11 points. However, she was 3/16 from behind the arc.

Team shot 27.1%, but did have 42 rebounds to go along with 22 turnovers and 25 fouls.

I hate to say it, but this is going to be a long season. If they don't improve greatly, they will finish last in the Pac 12.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If this doesn't turn around, we need to start talking about Lappe's job security. Ceal can only provide so much cover.

buffgal likes this.
  3. MObuff

MObuff Well-Known Member

Today was the first game that I thought it's time for a coaching change. Lappe got out coached today. The other teams coach was fighting for her team, and Lappe and her assistant coaches were sulking on the bench.

buffgal likes this.
  4. buffgal

Glad two people wrote what I have been thinking. It's time. Lappe really hasn't done well with her recruits. She did well with the recruits brought in by KMM. Hope Rich George has his thinking cap on and will override Ceal trying to protect Lappe before she runs the problem in to the ground. That is the direction it's headed now and it's sad.

5. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

I never hid my feelings about it last season that Lappe was in over her head and it is getting deeper with every game she is left on the bench as HC.

buffgal likes this.
  6. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think this will be the last non-conference loss this season. Missouri and Wyoming could be L's, and of course this before the conference portion of the schedule which begins with Washington and Washington State.

It's just hard to watch a team I have an emotional investment in be consistently non-competitive.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    buffgal likes this.
  7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Thanks Bohn

8. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Been going downhill for last few years, wonder how long RG will give her. Heck, even their wiki page is years out of date o_O

9. buffgal

I didn't want to write it. I have been discussing this with friends verbally for the last couple of seasons. When I was in Boulder, one of them saw the light during the Florida game.

RG needs to move on this ASAP. Incoming recruiting class is not the least big impressive.