1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

we all thought

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jrod212, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jrod212

jrod212 Member

well all thought (well most of us), that the O line would be a strength, and the DBs would be a liability. funny how things turn around.

2. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Had they stayed healthy, the OL would likely be a strength. But the DBs have been awesome and a huge surprise.

3. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Jalil is a baller. He's only going to get better and Chapelle has simply been outstanding. McKay had a great game on Sat as well and was sticking his nose in there on running plays. He made some great tackles coming in on corner blitzes.

4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

don't know what you guys were thinking. We lost 3 starters from last year. The OL was always a question mark. Solder was being converted from TE to Tackle, which is a work in progress. No guard won the job outright in the spring (seemed like Faatagi, Iltis, Bahr and Behrens were the leaders). We are seeing Bahr and Behrens now and they are doing OK, given they are freshmen.

I certainly didn't expect it to be like this, but it was always a huge question mark!

5. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I sat with a former player on Saturday that is good friends with Grimes. Grimes was devastated when Fataagi did not get it done in the class room and said that he was the best OLmen on the roster :huh:

6. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

I am reserving judgement on how good our secondary is until after the Misery game. I am still severely scarred from last year and the entire Phil Jackson era. If they turn in a decent performance, they deserve props.

7. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I could have gone without knowing that.

:bang::bang:

8. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

A secondary comprised of Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Steve Atwater, and Ronnie Lott could look bad if there's no pass rush against a team like misery.

9. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

what about tony lilly!!!:afraid::scared2:

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They have already faced the Heisman frontrunner, so one bad game on the road won't change my perception. They have been damn good.

11. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I totally thought the OL was going to be a strength. But even when we had everyone healthy, we were still not doing that well imo.

As for the CB's, I was confident in Cha'pelle. The kid is solid. But i wasn't that confident in the rest of them. They have certainly proved me wrong. Jalil Brown had a awesome game vs. KSU. He's been really doing well.

12. Bali Buff

Bali Buff Well-Known Member

How the hell the coach doesn't know his players are flunking out is beyond me. Every other top program has tutors (babysitters) that make sure the players get the work done and report back if there are problems

Grimes not knowing what is going on with his players academically is inexcusable. Planning on Fataagi was a joke. Sounds like he had issues all along.

IMO, Grimes has been a big disappointment.