What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are back in.

I thought the opening game was at the Sugar Bowl.....

But don't worry, someone pointed that out about 3 pages ago sloppy seconds.....

Bookmark that post.... It was my first mistake in Allbuffs history..... And that includes banging liver's mom......
I don't have the time to read every post. I was also making the point that whoever LSU plays, the other team is in for a real nasty dog fight.

View attachment 7845
Since when is Dallas, Texas a Louisiana city?
I don't care who LSU plays, "The Mad Hatter" will have them ready.

Since Katrina.

Dallas picked up some better Cajun restaurants and mardi gras parties after the hurricane.

The local sporting goods shops feature team gear from UT and OU first. The second tier includes LSU, A&M, tech, smu and tcu.

Dallas was a semi neutral location in that chip Kelly got a recruiting trip and the tigers got a partisan crowd that smelled more like corn dog than frois gras du canard.

I guess this thread doesn't matter anymore since your beloved ducks went down on lane. You can't lose to the clowns and play for the MNC. Rent a movie the night of the game-most of you don't appreciate or understand football anyway.

It does appear that BC has a valid point and his team will be playing in the NC now. Not a bad turn of events for the Tide.

Ah, I miss the good old days when we used to play Bama. Seems like yesterday...

[video=youtube;5oMYoyD8u28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oMYoyD8u28[/video]

DBT was at that game. It's where he had his first beer when he hit legal drinking age.

He must have had a great time and hooked up with coeds on the train. Too bad Ohio State had all the hot cheerleaders that year:

1938_cheerleaders_first_female_squad.jpg

On the other hand, watching the game probably sucked. Alabama stunk up the field.

"A record crowd of more than 90,000 was on hand in Rose Bowl stadium in Pasadena on Jan. 1, 1938 to see the Pacific and Southeastern conference champions go at it. The contest started as a defensive battle as both teams were unable to reach the opposing end zone during the first quarter. For Alabama it proved to be the calm before the storm. Cal caught more of Alabama's passes than Crimson Tide receivers did (4 interceptions vs. 3 completions). Alabama was forced to return to Tuscaloosa from California empty handed for the first time in five trips out west. While thousands of well-wishers had met the team at the train station each time before, this time it was different. The depot was deserted except for the family members of the players and coaches."

Maybe that's why they never travel out of conference to play anymore?

I was at a basketball tourney at Madison Square Garden in '77 and Alabama played in it. TR Dunn, Reggie King, Rickie Brown, etc. Anyway, Bear Bryant was there, sitting at the end of the bench. I was right behind him, and made him a couple hundred dollar offer for that old houndstooth hat. Cash in your pocket, favorite charity, whatever. He wouldn't do it.

I don't have the time to read every post. I was also making the point that whoever LSU plays, the other team is in for a real nasty dog fight.

You need to get a new job that allows you to read every Allbuffs post. You life will be more fulfilling.

i know it was dark and you were very drunk, but that wasn't my mom. it was your sister. she still says i'm better.

C'mon Liver.... I know the differenc even when it is dark out..... My sister only shaves her legs once a year, not twice a year......

You need to get a new job that allows you to read every Allbuffs post. You life will be more fulfilling.
That would be fine with me. I have a friend who started out in his father's business as vice president. His job included reading Playboy and Sports Illustrated. The most demanding thing he did all day was get lunch for the employees. He did drive a fork lift about 30 minutes a day - on the day's he actually showed up for work.

Since Katrina.

Dallas picked up some better Cajun restaurants and mardi gras parties after the hurricane.

The local sporting goods shops feature team gear from UT and OU first. The second tier includes LSU, A&M, tech, smu and tcu.

Dallas was a semi neutral location in that chip Kelly got a recruiting trip and the tigers got a partisan crowd that smelled more like corn dog than frois gras du canard.
Actually, alot more displaced ended up in Houston. Baton Rouge grew by 50,000 the week of Katrina.

If there is a bama lsu remach I might go out and watch a harry potter movie or something more entertaining.

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. Where it kinda gets f*cked up is if Arkansas beats LSU. How then does Alabama justify going to the NC instead of LSU? (I'm assuming Arkansas goes to the SEC CG, although even that isn't certain if it beats LSU).

But, I can see the NC game being a much lower rated TV affair this year. Any of the SEC West replay matchups just aren't terribly interesting and might have only regional appeal. Still, it's not the SEC West's fault that all the other contenders are so flawed. The Okies can't play defense. Furd simply has too many injuries to be competitive at that level (although a full strength Furd vs. an SEC team I think would have been interesting). Honestly the best opponent is probably USC.

So, two number two teams? That seems like a reasonable solution, actually.
Whoops but I don't see Alabama dropping if they beat Auburn this week but Arkansas would for sure jump them but Arkansas would still have to play UGA in the SECCG.

****ing new keyboards blow FWIW.

Whoops but I don't see Alabama dropping if they beat Auburn this week but Arkansas would for sure jump them but Arkansas would still have to play UGA in the SECCG.

****ing new keyboards blow FWIW.

You don't even know me mother****er!

I have no choice but to give you rep.

EDIT: Gave away too much in the last 24. You can blame stl/dog--you're a victim of the neg rep I showered on him like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the third thing what I think it is?

Are you asking if I was suggesting that BigBang2 enjoys (or not) passionate sex with an obese hermaphrodite with unusually large genitalia?

The answer is yes, that's exactly what I was hoping to convey. Is that what you understood?

Back