1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Are Colorado!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We are an awesome football program with a proud history. We are in the process of rebuilding this great program, it's not going to be easy, thanks to the former regime. This first rebuilding year we have had to deal with a lot of injuries and playing young players. That PT will benefit those young men in the future.
    We will be back. We have had down times before, but what we have done that not many other college football programs can claim is, we have won at least one conference title in every decade since the 60's. Thats five straight decades that we have won a conference title.

I trust and believe in coach Embree and his staff in getting the right football players in here to turn this around. He knows what it takes and he will learn from his mistakes and only get better. He is determined to turn this around, he loves this program unlike the last coach.

Too much negativity lately, and her eis my positive post.

FIGHT CU DOWN THE FIELD, CU MUST WIN. FIGHT FIGHT FOR VICTORY. CU KNOWS NO DEFEAT SO ROLL UP THAT MIGHTY SCORE. NEVER GIVE IN.SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE WILL FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

Wyo Buff, RK, DesertDawg526 and 4 others like this.
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Well aren't you just a swell feller! :smile2:

3. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:yeahthat: :gobuffs:

4. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Refreshing and great post!

There's only so much you can do with a 7-2 offsuit in a game....

I think Embree is closer to McCartney than any coach since. Is that a reach, maybe. He's a no BS type of guy though who expects to win, and CU has enough history that it won't take as long as some on these boards think to become nationally relevant again...

When the current freshman are seniors, nobody on the team will expect to lose. NOBODY.

Again, Embree has not even had ONE single full recruiting class. Sure he's on a leash, but there is no reason yet to think he's in over his head...

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i say this in a good-hearted way DD....but when JE wins two different BCS conferences then we talk about him better than Gary Barnett. (yes, GB's NW Big Ten championship was before the BCS, but you get my point).

JE hasn't even won 2 games yet, let alone conf titles. anyway, i don't mind people calling it like it is. gonna be a long road back.

6. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

I hear you Mick, and I'm not disagreeing. And I'm not annointing JE as the next McCartney yet.

Embree has had less than one full season. He needs a few (3-4) years to know what CU has in him as HC.

I think he'll be fine, possibly great. But he can't be solely judged on year one. That is the point I'm trying to make. And I don't think Embree will allow the players to slide in off-the-field antics....

7. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

We are? I didn't know that... learn somethin new everyday

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

on record, i wasn't the hugest fan of the Embree hire (and more "back to the past" at CU--heck, we already did Barnett)....but i like what Jon has been saying since day 1 and i'm still behind the staff. we aren't very good right now and the schedule is brutal, that's for sure.

we've got a wicked kool-aid and then backlash tendency in the CU fanbase (just as guilty as anyone, more or less)....so, i take it with a grain of salt.

9. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

10. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

Good luck the rest of the way guys !

11. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Great Post! Well said!

SkiTownUSA likes this.
  12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Been through enough **** already to turn away now. Gotta keep plugging away.

All in.
    Go Buffs

13. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

I appreciate your positive attitude... But if you don't mind, I am going to remain bitter and cynical for a little while longer.

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

You can be bitter and cynical, but just keep showing up.

15. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agree! It shows you care and we need everyone vested to help turn this around. We are in a painful year 1 of a 3 to 4 year project.

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

A lot of great programs have gone through lean times. If you think about it, it's more a rule than an exception.

17. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Leash is showing some character here. He's on my team!!! Go BUFFS!!!!!

18. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a big deal I don't know, but I think it's pretty cool. I did some digging, and out of the BCS conference programs, the following are the ones who have at least one conference title in each of the past 5 decades. You'll notice a lot of national football powers absent from this list.

Alabama
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Colorado
    Texas
    Washington
    USC

Thats it! Only 8 BCS conference programs have won or shared at least one conference title in each of the past 5 decades!:wow:

1 person likes this.
  19. ParkerBuff98

ParkerBuff98 New Member

Return To Dominance (part deux)! We're gonna crush these mallards Saturday (2013)! Rough em up, rough em up, go CU!

20. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;1CvJdt4CJag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvJdt4CJag&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;TkSYGZDlsQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkSYGZDlsQA[/video]

[video=youtube;ne7fPpxAnuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne7fPpxAnuM[/video]

21. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

fify

22. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

yes we are - even as hard as it is right now.... GO BUFFS !!