What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to beat California

This Bear was a badass, but sorry Cal fans...he's our Bear.

dc93bbe75376c0c51b952f64c4aaf9a5875617d4.jpg

"dirty hippies!"

i think the map looks like an angel, descending from heaven to wreak the lord's vengeance on the infidel cal bears.

Isn't it great that we can now call someone else "dirty hippies?" The real question is whether this is meant as a compliment from a Boulderite?

Hey Cal fans, what is the talk down your way of playing all home game at ATandT Park next year? I have been to a couple Emerald Nuts Bowl Games there and loved it. Just curious to see how the fanbase feels about the move?

Hey Cal fans, what is the talk down your way of playing all home game at ATandT Park next year? I have been to a couple Emerald Nuts Bowl Games there and loved it. Just curious to see how the fanbase feels about the move?

It is what it is. We would love to be in CMS, but it is getting an entire facelift and retrofitting for EQ (fault line goes right down the middle of the stadium, north to south). Couple that with the new Student Athletic High Performance Center ($250M project just about finished on the west part of the stadium), and we can't wait to get in our new/old home again. It will be one of the most beautiful stadiums in America when done for next season. Now to your question? Our temporary choices were Candlestick, Oakland Coliseum, Stanfurd Stadium, and AT &T, to play while the construction is going on. With those choices AT &T is very exciting indeed. Will it be a home field advantage? Don't think so, but the best of all options. We are all looking forward to playing at Folsom Field this weekend. I can't imagine too much smack is being tossed out, for we have both been so-so of late. Matter of fact, both of us are clawing for any win possible, so it should be interesting. Good luck, and no injuries. And also, thanks for Kiesau and Ambrose. I think they will work wonders for us. Not in the arena of smack at all, Marshall should worry you guys, as he did us. Two years and out has been his resume'----little teaching of solid technique. go Bears

that's the 'merican way.

as for cal. we are going to ****ing KILL them. the little voice in my head says so. and he's only wrong like maybe 62% of the time. but, this time he sounds really ****ing sincere.

How the hell did I miss this???? :woot:

Well, this how our regular stadium, California Memorial Stadium, looks right now, so we're playing in S.F. for the 2011 season. I don't even think you could stage a decent tractor pull in the place right now.

We hope to be up and running for the 2012 season, but you know how that goes.

stadium410.jpg

Well, this how our regular stadium, California Memorial Stadium, looks right now, so we're playing in S.F. for the 2011 season. I don't even think you could stage a decent tractor pull in the place right now.

stadium410.jpg

What's changed from last year? See you've got the equipment ready, when does the actual construction start?

stadium410.jpg

i dunno. kinda looks like a tractor pull stage to me.

It is what it is. We would love to be in CMS, but it is getting an entire facelift and retrofitting for EQ (fault line goes right down the middle of the stadium, north to south). Couple that with the new Student Athletic High Performance Center ($250M project just about finished on the west part of the stadium), and we can't wait to get in our new/old home again. It will be one of the most beautiful stadiums in America when done for next season. Now to your question? Our temporary choices were Candlestick, Oakland Coliseum, Stanfurd Stadium, and AT &T, to play while the construction is going on. With those choices AT &T is very exciting indeed. Will it be a home field advantage? Don't think so, but the best of all options. We are all looking forward to playing at Folsom Field this weekend. I can't imagine too much smack is being tossed out, for we have both been so-so of late. Matter of fact, both of us are clawing for any win possible, so it should be interesting. Good luck, and no injuries. And also, thanks for Kiesau and Ambrose. I think they will work wonders for us. Not in the arena of smack at all, Marshall should worry you guys, as he did us. Two years and out has been his resume'----little teaching of solid technique. go Bears

Don't get ahead of yourself on those two. I'd take a wait and see approach. Sure the problems at CU went higher in the food chain, but it's unclear to what degree they were part of the problem. Don't kid yourself into thinking that Ambrose was somehow responsible for Jimmy Smith and Jalil Brown's success

stadium410.jpg

Well, maybe the Cla and Buff fans couldnt have a tractor pull there right now, but a true blood NU fan could do it. Usually they can do a 'tactor pull' on the bedroom. Or am I thinking of the 'Goat-on-a-rope' trick? I have already forgotten the sly Nub sex acts.

Nebraskans have sex? **** you for putting that image in my head.

I guess it makes sense since they do keep reproducing at an alarming rate.

Cal fans think JE is already depressed and that he's a bad hire...

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46742&page=3

Didn't check the link, but I say who cares. Nobody outside of CU knows what we are building. It takes time to prove it to the world.

My yellowbook account rep is a UCLA fan. Two years ago when we started the business, he was all excited about Hawk and he thought he would be a great coach. Fast forward two years, and he tells me that CU made a terrible hire with Embree? wtf? Just because you live in Denver NOW does not make you the end all be all of CU football. Try following the team first and then give me an opinion.

I'd at least do some research before I said anything about Embree. Oh well.

I agree - but what research is there to do? I guess if you want to track down all the places he's been an assistant coach, you could. Doesn't really prove much though.

There are plenty of valid criticisms of Embree.

I agree - but what research is there to do? I guess if you want to track down all the places he's been an assistant coach, you could. Doesn't really prove much though.

There are plenty of valid criticisms of Embree.
Watch the game on Saturday, watch some of his other pressers, etc.

Watch the game on Saturday, watch some of his other pressers, etc.

How many post game press conferences has he had now? ONE.

Like I said, not much to research at this point.

And again, if you were an outsider looking at him, you'd probably come away with a similar conclusion.

How many post game press conferences has he had now? ONE.

Like I said, not much to research at this point.

And again, if you were an outsider looking at him, you'd probably come away with a similar conclusion.
How many pressers did he have over the spring/summer? More than one. There's plenty of video to base your opinion of him.

I dunno, they seemed to think his first post game press conference was very indicative of his coaching abilities. Wondered how the guy could motivate a fanbase. What press conferences have to do with gameday coaching abilities, I'm not sure. But all I knows is, Cal has won nothing, ever.

I dunno, they seemed to think his first post game press conference was very indicative of his coaching abilities. Wondered how the guy could motivate a fanbase. What press conferences have to do with gameday coaching abilities, I'm not sure. But all I knows is, Cal has won nothing, ever.
No, no they've won a few national titles, in the 30's...

They beat Colorado like a $3 rented mule last season.

You guys crack me up.

Back