What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We are going to beat California

You're welcome to join up and come visit me here in Afghanistan. I can show you Role 3, where a good friend of mine--a neurosurgeon--spends his days and nights fixing the noggins of those who are privy to what happens on a real battleground.

So yeah, I'm gonna say that sports aren't a real battleground. If you think I'm a pussy, I'll gladly settle that with you next year.

To be fair, you are a pussy. To be fairer, tini is more of one.

Can't edit posts anymore:

Sorry to bring the tone down, but Jesus, 'tini says some stupid **** sometimes.

Ask any football player if their coach has used that metaphor.

I just did, he said "no". Guess you're wrong, every coach doesn't say it.

On a broader perspective, what's your point though? Are you implying that football games are in fact, equal to war? Seems like you are. In that case, are you and your buddies rushing the field after CU beats Washington State 12-10, the women rushing to give bread to the exhausted soldiers?

I was just pointing out that you think every football coach needs to get a life.

In my opinion it's fine if folks want to make occassional war analogies with football--especially when it's their job to motivate young men. I don't get that weird about it, and thought that the media reacted a bit over the top on Winslow's statements at Miami a few years ago (though Winslow is a full on asshat).

My reaction was about a little boy like 'tini drawing a line in the sand saying if you don't consider it a battlefield you're a pussy. Wait now. That shows a total lack of perspective or even a basic understanding of the broader world, but that's kind of 'tini's MO anyway, I guess.

Can we go back to discussing our imminant victory against Cal?

Wally you completly misconstrued what I meant. Obviously it's not a true battleground but football is a battle ground in terms of you're playing to win and **** the team up that you're playing. I hate when people say competitive sports are just for fun. I have tremendous respect for our service men and wouldn't dis them like that.

These football/war comparisons really need to end because Wally is at war right now, but I guarantee he would never be allowed on or survive on a football field.

These football/war comparisons really need to end because Wally is at war right now, but I guarantee he would never be allowed on or survive on a football field.

and it is not possible to fish on a football field. Be safe Wally, and any of our other troops in harms way!

Good morning hippies. Best of luck to the Buffs today. Looking forward to seeing coach Marshall work his magic again.

GO BEARS!

in 2001, CU won the b12 with the most dominant running attack in college football and the team should have played for the national championship. the ol coach was marshall.

Well, if ya' really wanna fix it for me, you could at least post some photos of some tasty Bullfalettes for me to ogle here in Golden Bear territory.

Do you like NCAA champions?
Kara Goucher
kara-goucher-6.jpg

Emma Coburn
Emma+Coburn+rLEXuCKshb7m.jpg

in 2001, CU won the b12 with the most dominant running attack in college football and the team should have played for the national championship. the ol coach was marshall.

I'll drink Patron shots to that Liver. Good luck Buffs. Here's to an injury free game for both teams.

GO BEERS!

Good morning hippies. Best of luck to the Buffs today. Looking forward to seeing coach Marshall work his magic again.

GO BEARS!

Good morning Dim Sum Hippy. How is that Shirley Temple and Russian Mooseknuckle hangover? Oprah probably had endorsed some hair of the poodle hangover remedy for you girls.

and, it is a tradition that any visiting fan is welcome to take sacky's grill as a gift once the game commences. sacky buys them by the crate to give away in the spirit of friendship. cal fans, it is your turn!

Will it fit in the overhead compartment?

Why do you reckon Cal dominates early?

I have a weird notion that Coach Ted is going to break out the all-white sno-man suits today and dazzle the buffs for a few quarters before they get over the shock. We got a preview of the white helmets earlier in the year and they are ghastly:

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2011/3/7/2034595/cal-football-white-helmets-2011-road-game

For the record, we have never worn any such monstrosities in our history and will never again. I suggest we leave them at the away site to be used as land fill. Thanks, Nike.

Last edited:
Now yer talkin'. Them Boulder beauties look battle-tested, too, if I may use a war analogy -- not just some sorority softies.

Emma is amazing. This Crested Butte beauty spent the summer of 2011 touring Korea, Belgium and London and kicked some ass in the 3000 meter steeple.

4b2008ca-af5b-813d.jpg

4b2008ca-af6d-2df6.jpg

4b2008ca-af7a-a0ba.jpg

Kara Goucher is now a pro and an Olympian. No Tri-Delt had abs like hers.

6a00d8341cac1753ef01156f3a773f970c-800wi

Both will be trying to qualify for London 2012. Maybe your pole vaulter will attempt to join them...

Back