What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Minneapolis, MN

About to get ugly. Players are threatening boycott of all football related activities.

That's too bad. I like to see programs like Minnesota do well. Bad things happen when bad apples reach critical mass.

They had to know that there would be consequences for stepping up and taking action. I'm certain that there are some boosters who aren't happy about this either.

All that makes it more impressive that they are willing to draw a line on the issue. This will make me pull more for them in the future. I just hope they stick to their standards and let the investigation and if appropriate the school and criminal justice systems work out the answer.

The players skipped practice today and apparently the Holiday Bowl is in jeopardy.

I don't think this case is cut and dry either, at least from available info.

There are two sides to every story...

Yep. The other side is that the young woman was consensual about taking part in a gangbang, there was a short video of her lucid and agreeable in the middle of it, the DA saw that video and declined to prosecute (exonerating the players), and then the university decided through a Title IX investigation to suspend them anyway. So, the team is super pissed off that 10 guys who were able to prove their innocence to law enforcement are being punished by the university regardless of that. Several of those 10 weren't even involved, just lived in the apartment or present in the apartment and didn't see a reason to report anything to university officials.

Personally, based on the limited facts made available, I'm seeing the side of the football players as being in the right here and being the ones who were treated unjustly.

There are two sides to every story...

You are obviously much closer to the situation than the rest of us. What is the reaction up there now?

I hope this isn't a case of the school over reacting but at least they aren't going full Baylor.

Yep. The other side is that the young woman was consensual about taking part in a gangbang, there was a short video of her lucid and agreeable in the middle of it, the DA saw that video and declined to prosecute (exonerating the players), and then the university decided through a Title IX investigation to suspend them anyway. So, the team is super pissed off that 10 guys who were able to prove their innocence to law enforcement are being punished by the university regardless of that. Several of those 10 weren't even involved, just lived in the apartment or present in the apartment and didn't see a reason to report anything to university officials.

Personally, based on the limited facts made available, I'm seeing the side of the football players as being in the right here and being the ones who were treated unjustly.
The school is following the letter of a very flawed law.

It's -10 here, no one gives a **** about gopher football right now.
That warm. Come on Minnesotans are a hardy bunch, temps are just getting good for some ice fishing or snowmobiling.

If football players are going to refuse to play football, maybe the school should start yanking scholarships next.

It has been a long time since a school did that, may be necessary for it to happen again just to reign in some of these "protest" that we keep hearing from various schools.
If Minny does it they better be sure that they have the evidence because they will be dealing with a huge amount of public scrutiny and a bunch of lawyers going after them.

With Title IX and most higher education conduct cases, schools do not have to find students responsible beyond a reasonable doubt. Schools use Preponderance of the Evidence- 51% that it likely occurred. In addition, schools are really pushing for bystander intervention and if someone is having sex in a non-consensual situation- they "should" help. Also, each sexual act needs to be consensual and the victim can't be under the influence- because they can't give consent. This type of stuff happens quite a bit at schools and I think the University needs to support their investigation. Gone are the days of boys being boys and things getting swept under the rug. With the Violence Against Women Act and the Clery Act, colleges are under governmental pressure to not screw up like Penn State.

Again, very limited facts......but this looks like the AD and president botched this royally and they didnt realize it until after the DA dropped the charges. If I dont have this right, please correct me-I read that the players involved were suspended for three home games while this was being investigated, and that was because of restraining orders granted because the woman involved works at their football stadium in some capacity.

I think that the "W" salesman had a bunch leftover when he left Wisconsin, so he turned them upside down and sold them to Minnesota.
(look at the flag in Nik's post)

I'd be pissed if I just happened to be in the apartment at the time and knew nothing of what happened until after the fact and still got suspended. Yeah, that's not right.

With Title IX and most higher education conduct cases, schools do not have to find students responsible beyond a reasonable doubt. Schools use Preponderance of the Evidence- 51% that it likely occurred. In addition, schools are really pushing for bystander intervention and if someone is having sex in a non-consensual situation- they "should" help. Also, each sexual act needs to be consensual and the victim can't be under the influence- because they can't give consent. This type of stuff happens quite a bit at schools and I think the University needs to support their investigation. Gone are the days of boys being boys and things getting swept under the rug. With the Violence Against Women Act and the Clery Act, colleges are under governmental pressure to not screw up like Penn State.

I take issue with the "under the influence" and inability to give consent thing. By that definition, if I make love to my wife after she's had a few glasses of wine then I raped her.

Back