1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather for Cal game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by pWaldorf, Sep 19, 2013.

1. pWaldorf

pWaldorf New Member

Hey Buffs,

Cal fan here. Hope you're recovering from the flooding. Since you have a bye this week, I wanted to get this question in while you have some downtime.

I am seriously considering going to Boulder and catching the Cal-Colorado game on November 16. However, I have no idea what the weather will be like on that date. Will there be snow on the ground? Will I have to bundle up in a down jacket and Russian fur hat? If it's a night game, will it be freezing?

Weather records show an average high of 52 degrees and an average low of 28 for November 16, but it's hard to know what that means in real life. I'm a Californian with no experience of the weather on the Front Range.

Also, do you know of relatively inexpensive accommodations in and around Boulder? Thanks.

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

We really couldn't tell you. The best advice is to dress in layers. I've seen people wearing shorts in November and switching to a down parka by the afternoon.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Your range of weather is anywhere between 0 degrees and 2 feet of snow to 75 degrees and sunny. Any forecast more than 3 days out is not to be trusted.

Good luck.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We have no idea what the weather will be like either.

Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. You've got about a 5/6 chance that it will be sunny. Temperature is likely in the low to mid 50s and feel about 10 degrees warmer due to altitude/sunniness. Dip slightly below freezing at night.

But... could be windy. Could have a cold front & snow. You're going to need to check in the week of the trip. Anything beyond a 3-day forecast is throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.

5. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

It will be a blizzard with 3-4 feet of snowing falling that day, temperatures in the teens and winds gusting to 50 MPH.

Or it will be 70 degrees, sunny, mild breeze and a just a hint of perfect autumnal crispness in the air.

Either one is about equally likely, as is pretty much anything in between. Welcome to Colorado.

6. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Re the weather in Colorado in November ... your guess is as good as ours. Seriously ... it could be autumnal, Indian summer-like (is that politically incorrect these days?) ... or wintry with frigid cold and/or blowing snow.

All I can say is bring alternative wear ... and despite what the weather is when you leave your hotel (someone else will have to brief you on lodging, as I have never stayed in a hotel/motel in the area) ... dress in LAYERS. While the day may start off cold, it can warm up drastically by mid-afternoon ... and then inevitably drop 15-20 degrees as soon as the sun sets behind the mountains.

But hey ... the unpredictability of the weather is just one of the many reasons we love to live here! Hope you have a great visit.

7. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Dumbass.

8. Junction

I'm sensing a theme...

9. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Record high for that day in Boulder is 74 and the record low is 2. It could be shorts weather or bundle up.

There are many hotel options, several are walking distance to the stadium, while others you probably want a car. Millennium Harvest House is close to the stadium as hosts a large pregame party for every game.

10. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

In the visitor section at Folsom you can typically expect it to be raining profanities and urine.

11. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

Lots of options in Denver which depending where you stay is about an hour from Boulder

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Most likely it'll snow 2 feet the night before then be in the 60's for kickoff

13. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Forecast:

Raining piss bombs
    Snowing battery marshmallows

14. Junction

and bears

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. L Buff

RIP :cry:

16. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I sincerely believe that is the best picture of a bear ever taken. I chuckle every time it comes up. I also believe it is a sign for our game in November as well, but that is just me thinking too much.

17. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

18. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Drop bears are funny. You coming out with 'Flukes?

Semper Gumby

19. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I will say this, even if it is generally a nice November day, if you get hit in the shadows or it is night, then it will be chilly.

20. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

As mentioned, Boulder accommodations are expensive, but that's where the after-game festivities are. But if you're going mostly for the tailgate and the game, you can stay off 36 at cheaper hotel. On gameday you can catch public transportation directly to the stadium with a BuffRide bus, watch the Bears lose, then walk into downtown Boulder for some consolation binge drinking. When you fail to drunkenly impress the whitedread chick on the Mall with your ankle tattoo, catch the last regularly scheduled RTD bus from the Boulder bus station back out to the Park & ride near your hotel. http://www.rtd-denver.com/PDF_Files/buffridemap2013.pdf

Boulder area RTD is nothing like the BART, so no need to prepare your anus.

OrangeBowl likes this.
  21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

It's going to be 48 at kickoff and 36 at the end of the game with light flurries possible.

22. pWaldorf

pWaldorf New Member

Got it. Weather is unpredictable. Could be snowing and cold, could be sunny and warm.

Thanks for the info. I should be prepared for anything, including urine and profanities. :nod:

23. pWaldorf

pWaldorf New Member

<Falling bear photos>

He, he. Nice comment and photos.

24. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The important thing to remember is that you'll get so ****faced from drinking at altitude that it won't matter. :nod:

25. L Buff

Then our work here is done.

Highlander likes this.
  26. pWaldorf

pWaldorf New Member

That's great imagery there.

Even though it's more expensive, I'll probably stay closer to campus for easier access to the stadium and so I can enjoy the college atmosphere.

27. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I don't believe you read my post. 48 AT KICKOFF, 36 AT THE END OF THE GAME! FLURRIES POSSIBLE! Capische?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  28. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

Farmers almanac says:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  29. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Wow! Them's powerful bunions you got there, DBT

30. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

CU fans may drop a few profanities, but overall, Cal fans have little to worry about.
    Rent a car, take out the insurance, put Go Big Red and "my other car is a tractor" stickers all over it and drive to campus--that may be a different story.